1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Show Stopper" My Tjet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by C_S, Aug 22, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I called up Fiat customer care. The gentleman on the line told me that this particular offer is valid for August only. For delivery in September, the offers for that month applies. So there is nothing much which can be done. Let us hope for the best. I am also sailing in the same boat now.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If a token amount is paid to the dealer, the dealer should get the car invoiced under the current scheme.

In my case, I paid 1L INR, for the car to be invoiced for that offer price.

Ideally, this exercise is only to boost the confidence of the dealer, that you would buy that vehicle for sure, since he is getting the car invoiced from his account with FIAT. He wouldn't like the car to be turned down and lying at his yard.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Do you have to insist on invoice copy or some computerized receipt so that dealer doesn't change conditions once you have paid the amount? My car is arriving in a couple of days and locking the price by giving 1L cheque seem to be a good option.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, you should insist on one. I got a scanned copy of them through e-mail. Or atleast an e-mail should suffice as enough proof.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Please Please get an official document stating all that has been agreed upon and payed to the dealer , there is no reason for the dealer not to give it. I got them to print it out on their letter head sign it and stamp it as well
  6. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I was ready to get the money released by the bank but they cannot raise the invoice because they need some kind of a number (identification no/chassis no) without which they cannot raise the invoice. Guess you can understand what the problem is .. it is not about payment of money but about not having any clarity on when the vehicle could come out of production and in to transit.... "Also asking your customers to pay the EMI even before the car has arrived" Still cannot understand how this can be classified as Very Normal when being promised delivery on a certain date. ( also for lack of clarity for a couple of months cannot cannot be appreciated for sure)

The part that irritates the most is when customers are not given clarity on what is happening.... ( this is feeling of having been asked to wait Vs voluntarily waiting) .. Hope you can make the distinction

Have heard enough about Renault ... where people were made to buy diesels after having booked petrol vehicles. With the Maruti Value prop agree that it is your call to either see value in their selling proposition or not... but since people are waiting for its vehicles there is something that those guys are doing which Fiat lacks/over-does. ( may be a case where the our public need to grow up to appreciate Fiat vehicles, while some of the manufactures are only giving what the market needs .. cannot blame them either)
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore

I still do not have an option to decide on another car.. with i will buy a Tjet or wait for something that is as good as Tjet to fit in to my budget

Demanding the Favor :confused: or doing a favor by agreeing to pay the amount Upfront, after being ready to wait against any time line...(if only the dealer had some kind of no they want to raise th invoice ). and please ....."Bla bla" is not justified... well a few pointers from my experience .. if you still think its "Bla bla Bla" .. it is your discretion to interpret how fiat is doing in the market.

There are many outside in general public who do not even know fiat sells cars in India (they can only relate to Premier Padmini), banks reduce pay back periods from 7 to 5 years because they think Fiat cars do not have a resale.. (had my own personal fight with the bank folks to get them to appreciate the vehicle and cusotmer's credit worthiness before doing such things)... Fiat selling very few cars (guess the nos are very less to a few manufacturers who have come in recently).. Fiat going all the way to break a JV with TATA .. if FIAT had was getting their deserved market share why was this required? . FIAT very well understands that if they do not create some traction now.. it may be too late.... "it is not asking customers to make the move" along with the customers.. "Fiat also needs to make the move" .. and my only point of concern was with the kind of customer satisfaction that is meted out to me.. it is not what FIAT want to be doing... whether I say they have no right to stay in the market is immaterial because by doing such things on a larger scale.. they will need to move out with torn pockets.. Finally every business although only a transaction on papers.. there is some kind of trust and relationship that needs to be built .. which will always pay back as loyalty.. Only asking Fiat to live up to this ... this is not "too much".

I understand that this is a forum with a lot of Fiat fans very passionate about their cars and few representing some dealers and their friends.. some of my observations may have ruffled a few feathers.. if that is the case i apologize.. but these are facts coming out of a prospective customer...

@Puchoo - This is a good suggestion, thank you , i will try to get this done..

Agreed, thank you,
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Relax C_S. The problem is very simple. Given the reputation FIAT enjoys currently and given the previous experience that the dealers have had with FIAT cars, they are just playing it safe. I am sure you will appreciate someone booking a DZire or a Etios and cancelling after the car arrives at the dealership and the same happening with a T-Jet. One the one hand, the dealer does not want to lose business, so they try to rope in the prospective customer, by promising unrealistic delivery schedules. OTOH, they are also very skeptical about the customer backing out, once the car arrives.

This uncertainty is what makes the dealers do all this circus, which in reality is counter productive. Trust me, when you get the car and get behind the wheel, you will forget all of this unpleasantness. But, is that a good enough reason to put up with this crap? Certainly not. Have you spoken to FIAT? If not, please do so.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Patience is the key. have some patience and everything will fall into place!
    this is something new i am hearing. please let us know which bank did that?

If you think from dealers point of view, you will realize that what they are saying is not wrong. before invoicing, they need to be sure that you will buy the car from them. booking does not guarantee that, you may come back tomorrow and cancel the booking. if that happens and Fiat decreases the price next month, dealer will have to bear the difference while selling the car to some other customer. Fiat dealers already have very low sales, so they want to be careful with things that may lower their profit!

so whats the situation currently?
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    re: "Show Stopper" My Tjet

C_S - As quoted by Patchy Boy and Shams please have some patience and the car will be yours. Do call Fiat helpline or write them on their FB wall. I've seen them responding - atleast in my case.

Haha, I would love to meet that bank guy, has he got a parrot to predict. For the record I know atleast couple of them with 7 years loan on Fiat.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.