1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Show Stopper" My Tjet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by C_S, Aug 22, 2013.

1. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Just spoke to the dealer again today, he said since the car is going to get invoiced only in Sep (although booked in the first week of Aug), the offers available for Sep will only be applicable. (which means that if the 1L discount is taken off, i will not get that). They are not ready to commit that they will give the offer of Aug. This has really got me worried... if this ever happens, i must just back off from Fiat. (I will MAKE A MOVE FROM LINEA :redcar) ( A great product in lousy hands :A). Guess they are happy selling very little... if they cant value customers, they got no right to stay in the market..

No wonder people swear by Maruti ....
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    This does not sound right at all , you should get the offers- all of them as per what was available when you booked ...

3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    This applies for all manufacturer and not just Fiat alone. So why blame them, and same Maruti had 6 months waiting period for Swift and nobody complained instead queued to buy the car. Why is that when it comes to Fiat everyone wants it right now, right away.

Don't think the 1L discount will be withdrawn, so please have some patience and I'm wishing the T-Jet being with you very soon. What if the September month offer is better, wouldn't you ask the dealer to match it?
    2 people like this.
  4. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    If they are trust worthy they should, but does not look so, Lets see what they have to say finally.... looking at the tone in which he spoke, it is unlikely that they will honor the commitment.. if that happens... no matter what kind of a car they have (say even flying cars).. they will only sell handful of cars a month, as the July data shows....
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Have you written to Fiat directly as well on this issue?

6. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    No i am travelling and have not done it.... thanks for the suggestion... i will once i reach home tonight..

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have waited beyond their date of commitment and can wait only if the 1L discount in on. why bring in the argument that people have waited for Swift up to 6 months, If there is a waiting time then it for a value prop that Swift bring to the table, people do understand business.

i have agreed to wait another month beyond the promised date, I will take the car in Sep if they can invoice the car for Aug... Can fiat do that? ... why would they want to give false promises?? I have agreed to take offer of Aug although i am getting delivery in Sep... But Fiat cannot commit to their promises... why did the dealer take the booking in the first place.... they could have taken the booking when they have enough clarity on delivery...

No point in FIAT generalizing and taking cover behind statements such as "happens with every manufacturer", it is better that they put in a little more effort towards something called Customer Relationship... Gone are the days when just an excellent product would sell... no more a sellers market... Fiat needs to wake up and pretty soon..
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I didn't deny your waiting beyond committed dates. But value prop discussion can go for long, to me it's not and I wouldn't touch a Maruti product with a barge pole - But hey that's me.

They can still invoice it if you pay the car for full before end of this month i.e tomorrow. Unless you pay the full amount the dealer can't invoice the car against your name. So in theory Fiat can do it. In my case I paid an amount and gave a post-dated cheque for the full value of car to ensure that I get it invoiced before offer runs out.

What I intended to say was the stuff regarding Offers applicable, The offer which is applicable once you've completely paid for the car is only applicable. Unless you pay fully the offer and price available at the time of delivery is only applicable. This is generic stuff across the board of manufacturers so why single Fiat only? Recommend you to read the Duster pre-booking woes in other forums please, whenever there is a hike it's passed back on to the customer.
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear friend, quoted below is what i said in my last post and your reply
    As teky said, only if you pay the amount in full, car can be invoiced in your name, and offers applicable on that day will apply. booking does not guarantee anything.

Please note that you are demanding a favour here! On top of that you go on and say that they have no right to stay in market and bla bla.... this is too much!!
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Well your post has got me worried too and I believe we have a few more Jet aspirants who have put in their money based on August offer. Rest assured, the offer is here to stay. The 1L offer was there on Linea MJD when I went first to test drive Linea in July. In August it became "independence day special offer" and Jet also became part of the deal.
    In September it will become "Ganesha Chaturthi offer" or some thing similar. As time progress towards the year end, the deals only get sweeter. Every manufacturer tries to woo customers during festive season by reducing the prices. Moreover the industry is not in a great shape either. Manufacturers wouldn't like to do penny wise pound foolish by suddenly stopping this offer. So please don't panic. You'll be a happy owner in 2-3 weeks time. Just hang in there.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ I would say that the situation is totally unpredictable now. True that manufacturers offer more discounts to lure the customers but at these time of high rupee depreciation it would become difficult for a manufacturer like Fiat where they import a good percentage of parts for the T-Jet.