1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Show Stopper" My Tjet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by C_S, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear C_S, looks like you made a decision from your heart and not from brains, Excellent selection keep it up and Wish you many happy miles ahead .. :)
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Where is the Gamble:confused:? You have got the best value for money with no compromise for nothing over any-thing. Performance, looks, built, safety, Dynamics, service/support is perfect. Let's learn to bypass the white noise from pure Human Conscience. Silence is bliss, however as soon you realize there is a little noise in the background, all you hear is NOISE:evilsmile.

Media or majority's view was always worth the background noise, rubbish from day 1. Trust yourself, it's not gamble, it's known as Automotive awareness.
    5 people like this.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Welcome and Congratulations.

You are not alone, in my 30 months of ownership I always enjoyed owning TJet +. I only crib on the rear seat which I feel has less space than my old Palio 1.2 :)

You would enjoy every drive and that is what I would attribute to the X-Factor

Regards
    Vasu
  4. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Dehradun
    Dear Brother,
    Welcome to the club...
    Regards
    Tushar
  5. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Tushar

Thanks Vasu, I cannot crib over the rear seat, as i will always be at the steering wheel :steering. However my family members are not very tall and they all felt comfortable in the rear seats, so no complaints expected with our requirements..

Thanks Surya, Well i would say 85% brain and 15% heart called it the x-factor.. may be a car expert can explain what this is ..

Thanks Surya, Well i would say 85% brain and 15% heart called it the x-factor.. may be a car expert can explain what this is ..

Congrats Sreejith, guess i read your ownership thread as well...i have selected the HH black

Thank you, will try to give a detailed review after delivery, if the car delivery dates get extended this could take about a month. (blame my travelling schedule in Sep):uh

Thanks Puchoo, Well when i got down to researching the cars, your questions and questions one more gentleman on team BHP (guess he calls himself Teacher) gave me enough insight in to T-Jet, have been following your posts very closely... I completely agree with you that this car is placed in a lower segment, with better interiors and slight increase in power,T-jet should ideally be competing with VW Jetta and its competition
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  6. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the supporting my decision on the Jet, Well for me there was no compromise, but the gamble i see is with the After Sales Service, spare parts and other issues spoken about Fiat. Also with anything in life when we decide big based on sample data/information an element of gambling is involved..(Hypothesis testing also does not work in some situations :eek:fftopic) . I completely agree with you that there is a Lot of noise out there without proper evaluation, to confuse potential car buyers like me who have very less knowledge on cars....
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I have driven Tjet just once for 5-7 kms. It was so hard to curb all instincts and desires. A guy for the 3rd service at TASS offered me the drive. Boy.... does it know to roll!! Simply blasts away, hoot of a drive, loved it. Then weird face expression of it's owner (co-driver) forced me to bring it back at service bay. If you are OK with fuel cost, there is no better car by some good distance at this price. Let it grow on you slowly...
    1 person likes this.
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Congratulations C_S for getting yourself a JET :). Wish you many many happy miles. When are you getting the delivery?
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Perfect. Hypothesis testing is like trying to walk across the river, since the average depth is only 4 feet :D. Spare part availability has improved quite a bit, thanks to players like 99rpm, but ASS with FIAT is indeed a gamble.

The noise bit is the one that is actually the spoilsport. Many non-FIAT owners love to indulge in FIAT bashing, in spite of never having sat in a FIAT, leave alone drive one. But the bigger harm comes from the FIAT owners themselves. It is amazing how small issues, which exist across brands are ignored by others, while FIAT owners are insistent on talking about it all the time. While I see Maruti, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai owners happily ignoring major issues like poor handling, tin box like build quality,etc., FIAT owners insist on discussing wind noise at high speeds in multiple page threads.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Thank you, I was supposed to get in on the 26th , then the dealer said 31st. I somehow grew skeptical and actually visited the dealer today. I insisted that i be allowed to see the status on their procurement system. It is still in the fifth stage on the production line. Needs to cross 4 more stages then in to transit and then in to their yard. Then the PDI, registration ....No hopes of getting this in the next 20 days..:sadblue. Looking at their pace, i can only see this coming in the last week of sep or the first week of Oct. Looks like my patience is being tested even before the delivery of the vehicle ( what to expect after Sales??). Only silver lining to this is the sales manager was honest in accepting the delay, while he could have easily told me that i could expect the car over the month end.

He said the issue was with the separation of the production lines that they shared with TATA, there seems to be some issue there which has affected the production. Everyone who has booked the car in the past 15- 20 days can expect significant delay and cool their heels...:drinks.. the JET is going to take some time to arrive...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Got the first taste of this during my visit today :shock: My relative who owns a MJD had left his car 2 weeks ago for some body work and services. While the service and body work was done, the service team and the body work team have managed to dent the car two places. First they denied doing it, then each one tried to place the blame on the other. After this when we did not budge and asked the service manager, they said he was hospitalized, and no one would take responsibility. Finally we escalated this through the Sales manager ( as i have booked the Tjet and still have not received). After lot of arguments :chair: hey have agreed to fix it on his next visit and have given a written commitment and sent a mail to my relative, to me, service manager and the sales manager.

Learning i got was, to be extremely clear in our instructions, get everything written down, signed off and also i need to learn a lot about the Jet :ugeek: to make sure that i am in a position to at least correctly inspect and revert to them, if things have not been done properly....