1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should we stop or not

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by ferrah, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    In my case. sure i will try to help them because i have been in a similar situation . no one helped us that too in a junction near kollam. me and my friends we three people on two bikes travelling towards Paripally (Kollam District). my friend sherin who is alone in his bike was in front of me suddenly a sand lorry came from wrong side and hit my friends bike and he fell off the road and the lorry driver and cleaner ran away from the spot. his helmet broken into two pieces. suddenly we stopped and ran into him. two taxi cars were there once they saw the accident they simply left the spot without helping us for the 20 mins we literally pleading to people to stop their vehicle. but no one stopped after 20 mins cops came and they took him to the hospital but he died in hospital. after this incident i hav never sat on a bike nor ride one. Sherin.jpg Please Excuse my bad english
  2. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    There is no doubt on what to do if the accident occurs in broad day light. But if it happens in night and you are not sure about the genuineness....I know I will help but check all available options without causing risk to self or co-passengers.
  3. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Sorry about the loss of your friend. Recently my colleagues brother in law who was doing his master's met with a an accident late night on the highway but no one helped him. He lay their whole night and died. He would have called for help and no one stopped..hence this question would I have stopped? I was not sure..
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Very Sorry that such an incident happened. :( I will not defend the taxi-men or any such, but in general everywhere no one wants to get into trouble (police matters) and simply ignore such critical cases. Ofcourse there is no justification to this behaviour, except there are hard facts and things must change and they will.

Yes as in broad daylight, there could be better support from people, and sometimes such good support we get to see and read and experience once in a while.

OT: Not too far ago, being the secretary for an Industrial premises, I had been insisting that we trim down a few branches from a huge tree in our compound which were hovering on the adjacent neighbouring compound and building which could have caused damage to property and life to them. But the kind of unilateral opposition to this idea was, well if it's their property in jeopardy let them come to us then we will think. One senior guy in his 60's even said "Uska aadmi marta hai to marne de, tu kyun ungli karta hai." (let their workers die, why do you interfere.) Do I need to say further how many people think and react. :(
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry Mate , can understand your feelings at that moment and trying to reach of help.

Now a days these thieves are creating the scripts on highways.One of our neighbour family was brutally beaten and looted on highway with such a script.

Highway drives are always adventurous.
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3