1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should we stop or not

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by ferrah, Aug 8, 2014.

1. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Friends
    This question had been in my mind but I am not sure about the proper answer.
    You are driving alone or with family along a deserted highway late night and you see someone waving and trying to stop you. You see another vehicle appears to have met with an accident. But you are not sure whether its a real or fake one. What should you do? Should you take the risk , stop and offer help or drive away without stopping.
    Thx
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If in doubt do not stop. Stop by the nearest police check point and inform. Generally some areas that have gangs operating are known to locals for such modas operandi.
    3 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if you are brave enough then please Stop, else please do inform as per simple bhai.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I second with the other 2 replies.

:eek:fftopic
    Aseem, I guess you just got a new handle "asimlpebrother" :mrgreen:
    3 people like this.
  5. ferrah

ferrah

Hyderabad
    Agreed but it is about that critical moment and you are not sure about the authenticity and it appears someone is dying n sometimes help on time could save him. Yeah its about being brave to take the risk..but I still remain unsure.
  6. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    When you are with family, if you are in doubt, its not worth the risk. Dial 100 and that will be the biggest help.
    If you are sturdy 4/5 guys, adventurous, help but be careful. Stop a little distance away so that you have a chance to get away if you see any anomalies.

But I still feel that due to some robbers/dacoits, even the ones who are in genuine need of help will suffer and that is the norm. cant help :(
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Look you can be brave or you can be at the receiving end or worst you could end up dead. :shock: Do I need to tell you how we treat our dead. If you are too much of a hero, they will declare a holiday or create a political party using your cover photo. :devilface

Morality or Samaritan-ism is great thing, but if all men had it then we wouldn't be discussing this, not at cost of risking life of yourself or certainly not your beloved ones. You cannot afford a moral dilemma, better to make a smarter moral decision than a risky moral decision. Like Sailer Punto said if one is critical you can always call for help. Taking a higher path is always good as far as you can ensure there is no invited suffering for oneself and others.

:eek:fftopic
    Donno what to do? These brothers keep slicing or butchering my TFI username... :( :mad: :sadblue :shock:
    Whatever makes them happy man..! :mrgreen:

- - - Merged Post - - -

I think these supposed gangs or thieves know that people stop at a distance. That is why they operate in gangs and not as individuals. I am totally against gun licenses to the common man, but this is one of the cases where I wish to have one, especially when one wants to do a good deed without fear.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Just use ur phone n call emergency numbers. If a nearby village can be reached then inform people there.
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    There is no question of being brave and humane in such circumstances specially when you've your family with you.
    The best way to help is to Dial 100 or inform the nearest PS or the nearest toll-plaza.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I do not know but I have felt very guilty when my driver just overtook and proceeded past 2 accidents involving very young bikers that had happened just in front of my eyes.
    The guilt would haunt because I have seen people getting off and lifting and leaving on the side a calf that had been hit.
    People drink and drive,so it is their fault too but it would be humane to help the needy not thinking about the consequences.
    One can not be selfish all the time.