1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should we allow / not allow posting of High Speed Runs / Pictures?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Dec 26, 2013.

Should posts / pictures of high speed driving be allowed?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
  2. No

15 vote(s)
  1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I liked the topic but my question is how do we decide whether a picture is a picture od speed run odo readong or not.... for instance before my accident even 180-190kmph were normal and I generally used to touch 140kmph on highways.. but now I feel 80kmph itself os top fast. I drive at 60-70kmph these days... so given I am just one person who has two different views how can we get a consensus on the views of high speed values... for someone the comfortable speed is the speed that he should drive irrespective of what a person ahead of u in Audi or Ferrari is trying... does a cycle driver starts drivong fast on seeing a motorcyclist?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Voted Yes. No harm in posting high speed speedo captures. DL is given only after 18+ age. BTW I did test my Jet on near closed track and saw 205+ KPH this is the only time I wanted to test the max and done with that.

Everyone is aware what causes accidents and at what speeds our reaction time is best i.e, at 80+ we have ample time to circumvent with any dangers.
    Both vehicles speeds over 140+ we cannot even imagine what could happen.

My comfort zone is 80 or at the max 100
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    The zone for good mileage too.

I voted Yes. One should know what one is capable of as well as his confidence level when executing something.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    And I would very much love to see a pic of that speedo :).
    1 person likes this.
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

My take is to let people post. After all we are in a free world and everybody is free to do what he/she likes. If someone is getting inspired after seeing some other doing crazy speeds then the risks which will come in future for him/her are all on his/her part only. And btw the person who at the first place posted pic or video of doing high speed is also on the same side of coin as the person thinking to follow him/her is. all we have to do is to enjoy the show :-D BRING ON THOSE Punto doing 180+ pics ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Although this poll was started based on my post, I am not going to vote in this poll and here are my reasons.

For starters, my question was misunderstood. My question is not about posting speeding pictures, but it is about discussing unacceptable (read "illegal") activities selectively. We discuss about sunfilms, we discuss about head light upgrades to illegal wattages, we discuss about FFE, but refuse to, or at least pretend to refuse to, discussing about speeding.

IMHO, members are mature enough to differentiate between right and wrong. Agreed that some members may not be mature enough to resist the temptation from peeking into the dark side from time to time, but I am sure no member is so immature, that they will try to beat a speed record set by someone and claim that they we unaware that speeding is illegal. When someone posts, I found this empty straight stretch and tried to see how fast I could go and hit xxx kmph, we collectively jump on that person and advice against speeding, totally ignoring the fact that he probably knew what he was doing.

However, when the same member posts elsewhere that he upgraded to 130/110 headlamps, we are more interested to know the cost, where he got it done, how much is the difference,etc. I have not come across a single post pointing out that it is illegal, can blind oncoming traffic and cause accidents, or even suggest not to use high beams constantly. If the same member posts about FFE, we are again curious to know everything about it, request the member to post a video and then go on to comment "Awesome exhaust note". Not a single person questions the noise and air pollution that FFE causes.

In my opinion, we should just have a section called "Unplugged" or "Grey Area" or even "Punching Bag", which is un-moderated and even moderators are welcome to come there and post as regular members. Have a dispute - go argue there. Have ego issues - go indulge in a mudslinging match there. If the forum is the equivalent of a virtual house, then that section is the equivalent of a virtual toilet - go there, bare yourself, sling shit all over the place. But when you are done, leave all the shit there and keep the rest of the house clean.

This is just an online forum like many others out there, where like minded (??) people discuss various things they are passionate about. I am yet to understand why each of these forums think of the others as rivals. Even if there are commercial establishments, involved in the same line of business, they usually try to improve their standards to get clientele, rather than bad-mouthing and demeaning the competition. True, there are some establishments that try that, but I am yet to come across one reputed and successful business house, that grew by bad-mouthing the competition.

After all, we meet a very small percentage of our online friends in reality. I for one would like to see not just a multi state meet, but a multi forum meet happening. End of the day, all of us are passionate and enthusiastic about something. Ever heard of get together meetings happening at a multi-cuisine restaurant? I have taken part in many such events, where I would order a South Indian Thali and the gentleman seated next to me would order a Pizza. The conversation usually is not about food, even if it is, it is never about justifying which cuisine is better.

Some of you may not agree with what I have posted and that is perfectly fine. But, please be mature enough to refrain from trying to take away my right to say it.

Happy new year everyone.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    15 people like this.
  7. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    "A mountain out of a molehill"?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

My Vote is a No!!

Reason: However mature we might be, by posting speeding pics we might unknowingly promote speeding. One may think " ah just for once let me try to match those figs" while the actual circumstances when he tries to achieve the figs will be totally different the what he saw in the pics. So in my view we should not encourage such pics.

Sometimes when it is for the common good, in public forums we should limit such contents though in reality anyone is free to do what he wants. Having advocated a negative opinion, I have to admit that even i have gone at 150+figs on traffic-less 4 lane stretches and tried to be a responsible driver where ever possible.

In reality be mature and in Forums promote as idealism as far as possible so that there is a sense prevails when contemplating a speedy drive:)
    1 person likes this.