1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should we allow / not allow posting of High Speed Runs / Pictures?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Dec 26, 2013.

Should posts / pictures of high speed driving be allowed?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
  2. No

15 vote(s)
  1. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra

It is a personal choice to share / view any such content. An individual is responsible for his / her actions & consequences of the same. The forum should not be responsible to babysit every small thing.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Fiat is fun. We should not miss the fun quotient from Fiat. Engine also needs rpm red lines once in a while. ;-)

We all are adult and matured enough to understand own responsibilities.

and... Did I say "Yes" ??

big YES.

Cheers.. :up
    1 person likes this.
  3. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Votes Yes!!! Don't find any reason why we should not post such pics ... This a forum for we Fiatians .. and we should know
    what our engines are capable of.And everyone in this group might be mature enough to know what is the maximum speed
    an individual is comfortable at. This thread should be an entertainer tough ..
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That was just a request,Not a mandatory rule.Mods are humans too.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I thought this thread was to vote, justify our vote and move on. And not about debates, as said in the first page.
    3 people like this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

I voted yes. Reason is very simple. Seeing a speed video is provoking you to do so, then it is your immaturity which is showing up. I guess the users here are mature enough to take a call whether to risk their life or not. If such videos are to be banned , they need to be banned from YouTube and all other sources. Why should the forum take this extra responsibility . Some might have felt happy that their machines are capable of doing really good speeds & they are just sharing their happiness with others. Let them remain happy
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Voted - Yes.

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil and Do no evil. In most cases, the real harm happens if we do the evil or if evil happens.

The thread will be there, if not here then somewhere else, and some will get kicks out of watching it, while others won't. The real problem will happen when subconsciously someone decides to follow it. This poll taking here too indicates a pattern of evolved social responsibility. It is also far from futile as some may perceive it to be. Excess of almost anything is bad. But the misguided ones will jeopardise things for self and others anyway.

We do our bit and hope for the best ! :razz:

Dear Mods,

It looks like the threads for such stunt videos will stay in demand. We can actually do away with it and it still should not make any difference to anyone of us in reality.

In this case we can definitely atleast put statutory warnings in big and bold letters visible to all.
    1 person likes this.
  9. obliex

obliex Amatore

I have voted No. Reasons for them are

1. FIAT driver might be matured enough to understand the risks involved but Indian roads do not offer such conditions.
    2. Road where high speeds are possible have speed limits. So over speeding on them is breaking the law.
    3. We have had incidents of tyre burst.I understand tyre burst at 80k is equally dangerous but higher speed proportionally decreases the chance of coming out of the situation safely.
    4. Under all circumstances a person driving alone in the car driving at triple digit speed trying to take photo of his speedometer is dangerous.
    5. Driving at neck break speeds puts other drivers on the road at risk.
    6. It starts ego war on the road. I am sure you will love to say I gave am Audi run for its money at 150kmph.

I can think of some more reasons but the above capture my sentiments.

Sent from Sony Xperia C using Tapatalk
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Voted Yes,
    Reason is we dont find any reason why we shouldnt post pics of high speed driving & Fiat cars are safe enough & comfortable when we are cruising at such high speeds.
    But our members who are driving at such high speeds shouldnt click pics by themselves.
    Braking too is superb of Fiat cars,so no problem of driving at such high speeds.
    Sorry Moderators if am wrong & OT here.This is just my opinion.