1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should we allow / not allow posting of High Speed Runs / Pictures?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Dec 26, 2013.

Should posts / pictures of high speed driving be allowed?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
  2. No

15 vote(s)
  1. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

If anyone gets influenced into driving fast just because of the talks/pictures, well, Charles Darwin's theory will take care of him sooner or later.
    4 people like this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Great post Amogh (AAP way ;) ).

My Vote is always Yes.

Justification:-All of us are mature and know where & when to control everything, if not then disaster will come to your every aspect of life (Personal, professional, or fun or hobby).

If you are avid music lover and use Bose headphone with your ear-plug with high volume, your ear will get damaged, is Bose Corporation responsible for this? You have to select volume control for yourself.

You know KFC is promoting their chicken is so good, do you want to eat every day, after 1 week you will be in hospital, is KFC responsible for this?

There are lots of example in our life we can find, but we need to know where & when to control depend on each one’s life style.

My Case:-
    I am consistent driver of 110-130 range in 4 lane open highway. If you are driving Aston Martin less than 110, I will cross you (if your ego hurt no matter for me). If you are driving more than 130 in ALTO it’s not embarrassing moment or ego matter for me to show you my enthusiasm with ASTON Martin (if I am driving ASTON same time). I will simply let you go and I will drive happily under 130 in ASTON.

Same way every one knows where to control & when to control. If you are adult (don’t know when & where to control) and don’t have respect to your soul & family, others then you can bring disaster for yourself, do we responsible for that? No.​
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    5 people like this.
  3. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Personally, I feel it is an individual responsibility of a person to decide for himself as to what speed he should be driving at. I do not get influenced by the pictures as I know that, the person who posted the pic survived the day and I may not be that lucky. We are mature enough to understand and be responsible for our own acts. Also remember, "No matter how fast you drive, you will always be driving behind someone"
  4. shams

shams Esperto

If we are worried about those who might attempt high speeds after seeing pictures we should also think about :

People who have never done high speeds and are not sure what maximum speed their car can do, they might wan't to try with the sole objective of finding out what their car is capable of.

Such people will get answer to their question without trying it themselves. We might actually be helping with less people attempting it by having such pictures.

However this is just a counter argument, although a valid one according to me.

As many others have already said, main reason of allowing such pictures should be that we are all mature enough to decide what we should/ shouldn't do.
  5. C_S

C_S Amatore

I can see a overwhelming "yes" to this poll. Just for argument sake i have two questions (please don't ponce on me), answering this may help us take a better stand.

1. What do we gain by posting speeds achieved by individuals? (arguments are these are done in movies, autoban etc why not here.. yes, they are movies and not real Indian roads).. Here we are dealing in real life scenarios on our Averagely maintained Indian roads, where we do not know where the next pot hole is or the next bullock cart crossing the road?

2. What do we lose by not posting these? Thinking on these lines should help us ...
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I ve voted yes coz i ve no objection in anyone posting pics of speedos... i think 90% of people here are mature enough to understand that, unless someone posts a video proudly showcasing their rash driving skills in public road !!
    i was also a rash rider 7-8 years back.. then once i started to ride with some good riders , learned the etiquettes of safe riding , started to put to practise all those some just preach, tried to cultivate the habit of safe riding, some adapted, more rejected.. understood that some people cannot be changed so as sunnyboi said, let darwins law take care of them and move on in life. now whenever i see such claims of high speed , i look it like a troll pic !!
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Voted Yes.

I strongly believe that members are matured enough to read the posts/pic in right way and not take that as an inspiration. At the same time, we shouldn't allow posts which encourage to do high speeds directly. Like 'I did x speed in my A car, can you beat my x speed in your B car?' kind of posts should not be allowed.
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

What are you guys trying to achieve. We have only 3pages worth of replies and more will be in it's way.
    So who is holding tfi responsible for any speeding videos.
    You guys are telling us that tomorrow Tfi is liable to answer the court if some moron tries to beat a 1000kmph video on tfi? I'm sorry folks but the more you dig the more dirt lay above you don't forget that.

I don't understand why the mods can't simply post a disclaimer about any and all things that mods feel inappropriate and be done with it.
    This forum or any for that matter ain't that democratic at all.
    Think about it

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Very point of owning a Fiat is FUN. We lose the fun part.

Ps:-I would suggest maintain your Highway speed less than 100kmph. I am noticing people's average speed is 130kmph which is not fuel efficient nor safe, where as mine is 60-70kmph forever. From my own experience ,best part of Fiat is enjoyed in slower speed,in torque band particularly.
    3 people like this.
  10. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Voted for YES.

Reason: I believe it is obvious that everyone will have curiosity of what is their car capable of? I had my questions on the real time top speed that can be achieved. Checked the forum and saw a thread with pics posted on top speed achieved by the members. There were 3 different top speeds! So i knew that my car's top speed is in that range. Done doubts cleared and did not bother trying:-D.

End of the day we will be driving at our comfortable limits and if someone is willing to venture into the risk zone, forget about the forum, even god will have tough time looking after that person.
    1 person likes this.