1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should we allow / not allow posting of High Speed Runs / Pictures?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Dec 26, 2013.

Should posts / pictures of high speed driving be allowed?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
  2. No

15 vote(s)
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

My Take:

As a nurturing platform this is as like a parent to any kid, it should not put ideas into the wrong path, though later date or from some where the person can get the idea/info, but atleast the forum did its job of not pointing towards wrong direction.
  2. I voted for Yes. Because banning those pictures / discussions is not going to bring any change IMHO. And discussion about the Top Speed, Average Speed, Racing with other brands, taking corners at some speeds is going to stop only in the internet but still we would be discussing that in the name of "TFI" meet which cannot be moderated obviously. With the TFI stickers someday somebody will be trying out the High Speed runs. I don't see banning this will bring any C H A N G E just like the SC's Ban on Sun-films.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I opted for yes, as the posting of High speed pics/remaps/Headlamp upgrades is purely discretion to his own and not that any forum is responsible for allowing that, it dipicts on who's trying to imitate or follow it on his maturity levels.
    2 people like this.
  4. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

I voted “Yes”.

I don’t believe that a picture or a post about “high speed” would “tempt” any member or guest to achieve high speed on their cars/bikes.
    There are movies, TV channels that are kind of “dedicated” to speed. So there are a 1000 other ways to get "tempted"- banning such posts/pictures in such a wonderful forum would not help and will only make the forum a tad “incomplete” IMHO.

U S
    1 person likes this.
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

Voted - yes. But frankly speaking do we need a poll for this. We are all grown up people, knowing what is good and bad for each of us. Do I get tempted to drive fast by seeing a picture posted in TFI? I don't.
    1 person likes this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Good question! Initially we did not have any restriction on such pics/posts. But when somebody did post or upload a pic those were reported by members. Hence we put in place this rule:

In hindsight we should have had taken this poll earlier. It was a mistake on our part. Since it did not happen then, we are doing it now.
    4 people like this.
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Voted "No".

My logic is this :

• Pictures are banned :
      • Pros : Novices/new members/irresponsible drivers probably not encouraged from trying to match/attain the high speeds posted.
      • Cons : Can't think of any. It's not like I am sitting with a trunk full of triple digit speed photos which I am itching to post :).
    • Pictures are allowed :
      • Pros : Can't think of any. I really do not consider them to be valuable knowledge in a forum like this. Fine , so I got my TJet remapped to supercar levels . I do not feel the need to prove that it is now capable of reaching 4 digit speeds with pictures :D (See Cons of banning)
      • Cons : Novices/new members/irresponsible drivers might be encouraged from trying to match/attain the high speeds posted

So given that there is a remote possibility that the pictures have a probable detrimental effect , in that they might encourage speeding , without having any positives which sufficiently outweigh the negatives , I feel it is better to not allow them.

Bascially , what have we to lose by banning such pictures ?
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

I voted Yes,
    As everybody mentioned they don't get provoked by seeing such pics or videos. It is fair to publish the high speeds. There are plenty of such example around us, latest example is Dhoom-3
    It all depends on the individuals to control their emotions :). If I see an empty road I can't hold my right foot light for long, but at the same time I'll not be driving at insane speed.

We have many friends whos min speed is some of our friends max speed.
    Being a sensible fiatians we are not going to try that every now and then. At the same time we should not be holding ourselves to try the mean machine when we get an opportunity.
    3 people like this.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am not voting.

Still I have faith that Poll results will be favorable.

If a pic tempts for high speed for some, then for me company should remove all the 3 digits from the speedo at first place.
    I was tempted to push maximum seeing the beautiful speedo marked 220kmph,and it still does to see it remain unexploited.

We are Petrol(diesel) heads .come on.
    3 people like this.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Did not get this. Why are you not voting?