1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should it be a good idea to change the 14”wheel to 15” alloys for Punto Dymanic model

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by davidissac, Mar 26, 2013.

1. davidissac

davidissac

bangalore
    Hi All,

I recently joined this forum, to justify myself by buying me a car (Grande Punto)!!!!! all of my family members/friends are against me, not to buy this car for various reason, if i buy this car i I should make them feel wrong once they sit in this car.

I decided to buy GP Dynamic 1.3 MJ, & this model ticks all my requirements like ABS, driver seat adjustments, electronic ORVM etc, & i can compromise by not having USB/AUX, but only concern for me is 14” steel wheels, which I thought is too small for a big car & i'm not liking it, & doesn’t look good either in my opinion. But this car looks great with 15” alloys.

Should it be a good idea to change the 14”wheel to 15” alloys which emotion pack has. By changing to 15" alloys will there be any change in drivebility, comfort, efficiency, performance??

Eagerly looking for your valuable suggestions to get the best for my car!!!!

Cheers
    Issac
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No problem at all, I have put myself 15" OE Punto Alloy.
    Just make sure you put 98PCD alloy, if plan to put any outside alloy.
    OE alloy can be put blindly.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Bro Lisen Use that steel wheels for sometime ,many people sell out rims here at a very cheap price so at that time you can buy it ,or if you want to do it to now dont spend too much rather then change your tires to little fatter and low profile ones 205/60-14 which will give you nice griip which will stick to the roads look more sporty low profile and little fat tires.Well About The upgrade Size I would Choose This .If you Intrested then let me know i will give you more option on sizes
  5. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Issac if you are going to drive...buy the car which you like. Punto is very good car, if you are buying MJD you won't regret later. Few months back I am in same shoes like you...all my friends, family members who are MIL and hyundai fans stared at me, since I love punto @firstlook.....all the comments doesn't enter into my head. Now my friends comments are your car has sporty look...solid body...beautiful car...good driving comfort. Even today in my office parking lot when I was about to take my car...a guy just admiring my car..just buy rounding it. I would say take your family members test drive in punto...sure they will love it.

My friend if your family members are in dilemma about resale value.. don't even think of that now...buy a new car and enjoy it. don't bother about what we are going to get after 4 to 5 years. You should be satisfied while driving the car not later.
  6. davidissac

davidissac

bangalore
    Thank you very for your suggestion :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Brother :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

thanks all
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    You are right. I have a Punto mjd Active with 14 inch steel wheels. Recently there was an offer from one of the members in this forum.He wanted to dispose of his 15 inch steel rims as he had gone for 15 inch alloys. I bought the four of them ar 2K plus shipping which came to Rs.500l- which I guess was a steal deal. I want to shift to 15 inch in my next tyre change which will happen in another 15K kms.

Abdul
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I didnt Understand you bought those 15 inch steel wheels ....?
    "I want to shift to 15 inch in my next tyre change which will happen in another 15K kms."
    You Switching To 15 inch steel or alloys .U need ME to Suggest You Tyre Size...?
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Upgrading to 15" Steel wheels & wheel covers (Linea Active) would serve the purpose, and prove to be much cheaper.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too have a Dynamic MJD 2012, I have recently bought 15" alloys but am still running on my stock 165/80r14 JK tyres which to be frank is inadequate for a car of this size and weight and looks very puny too. I got some useful help from members of the forum so i am upgrading to 15" alloys with tyre size 195/60r15 which will definately increase ride and handling and also braking performance of the car to a huge extent i hope. I'll post some pics as soon as i put the new alloys.