1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I take the delivery of April produced car in October

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Jiten Panna, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Jiten Panna

Jiten Panna Timido

Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

I have just booked a Linea MJD, Magnesio Grey and my VIN is MCA110CCB09036231DJZ.
    Looking at the last three alphabets, its manufactured month and year comes to April 2014.
    Am just not sure if I should take the delivery of this vehicle or ask for a much later produced car.
    Please advice.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Jiten Panna First, congratulations.
    Yes VIN says April'14 manufactured car, and normally it should be OK to take few months old car. But do inform dealer that you would be checking the car thoroughly, have a look at this thread - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/pre-delivery-inspection-checklist.12759/.

And can you check digit 4 to 9 in VIN again, as per http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/vehicle-identification-number-vin-for-fiat-india.12015/, I don't see any code 110CCB.
    Is it new Linea and which variant is it, Emotion?
    Jiten Panna and prabhjot like this.
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    6 months old car, I would suggest you to give a second thought IMO. If it has been in the dealers stock yard, please give it a miss and go for a later manufactured car.
  4. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    I would suggest you to demand a discount on it for the depreciation. If the dealer denies then ask him for recent model only. Why to take older model without any benefit pass on by dealer.

Tell him that this will effect on resale (just in case) etc for bargain on discount.

If you badly want it and don't want to wait more then this is your lady, take her with you after proper inspection.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    It's a new Linea, am guessing. Go for it, I'd say, after a proper PDI of course, and haggle a bit or a lot for further discounts/accessories. It's only been 5 months, not an issue, agree with Mod Ravi. You're presumably getting it at a delicious price precisely because it's a few months old, no?
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

As long as Fiat gives you the warranty starting from October 2014, there should be no issues. As others have said, it is always better to do a thorough PDI to confirm no defects exist.
  7. Jiten Panna

Jiten Panna Timido

Linea 1.3
    Thank you all.
    Yes the model is new Linea, Emotion. The dealer though has not given any delicious discounts so far (35k-insurance+20k), I think I should ask for 20K more, considering the depreciating value.
    Yes, the dealer has a Linea for test drive and they have been telling me that the new vehicle is on its way from Pune. However they have been a little inconsistent in telling me the exact location. Once it has come to Orissa, it should not go to Chattisgarh to reach Jharkhand. I am going today to check if they have provided the right VIN to me, as an April's car straight from the plant does not sound convincing.
    Have gone through the PDI list and shall take utmost care to abide by that.
    Hope I too have a good experience buying My Fiat as you all...:)
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Rightly said, I second this opinion of Himanshu. Keep pressing for more discounts. Try you luck..!
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

I doubt if the dealer will give any discount for the age of mfr date. It is only we (those on Tfi forum and those who check with this forum ) will ever know about VIN. As for any other buyer, they would just see the car and take it. Anyway if you do get a discount, great it will be:)

10. Jiten Panna

Jiten Panna Timido

Linea 1.3
    Yes I finally took the car. Have to fly to Kochi the same day in which I took the delivery of my MJD and hence the late reply.
    Not much difference, except that the color of the plastic in the dashboard has given up to the harsh sun a little bit. The regions protected by plastic covers had no issues.
    It was all full of dust and I was present there when they were downloading the car from the lorry. So definitely this was coming from some other place(had not been used for test rides).
    They changed rain wipers and nothing much. My beauty was as good as new.
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.