1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i go for this T-Jet+?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by S A SHAH, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Suddenly, I am seeing T-Jet listed on the Fiat India website.

Linea T-Jet.JPG

Though with a disclaimer :)
    Disclaimer: Linea T-Jet and Linea TJet plus - Limited cars and color options may be available. Request to check with concerned dealer on availability and prices. Cars would be manufactured in 2011. New features and tech specs of Linea 2012 may not apply to these cars.
  2. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear ramjn, Yes, I've also seen this page on FIAT website.
    Could you please answer my couple of enquiries about Tjet.
    1. Does Tjet have the feature like "reverse-hill-lock". Since J&K is hilly area, this feature is very useful.
    2. when we need only "Heater" to work in cold regions, do we need to use full AC (auto mode) at that time ? Since Heater works on hot coolant circulation unlike AC which works on fuel. It makes a difference, when only Heater is working, the AC is kept totally off. You know, I need Heater for 11 months, hardly any AC is used.
    I think, you understood what i mean, kindly respond to make me aware of features in Tjet.

Enjoy Life,so wonderful,
    SHAH,S A
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Sadly, the feature hill lock (forgot the exact name) is not available in the T-Jet.

You can increase the temp to ~28-30°C. AFAIK, this will send hot air directly into the cabin, hence reducing the load on the compressor. Linea has an auto AC, so there is no rotary knob to switch temp from hot to cold, as in the Palio.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Does that mean AC on all the time ? Hot air is due to what ? Does Heater-use work on fuel then or as I know on hot-coolant ? Please, clarify.
    Thanks for responding.
    SHAH,S A
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes AC on all the time. You have to read this AC is Automatic Climate Control and not Air Conditioner.
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    You can set it to auto, and not full auto and specify the temperature and turn the compressor off, would work fine by distributing the tempareture equally and avoid misting of windshields.

Sadly hill-hold was dropped due to cost-cutting in order to launch linea at a segment below it's designated segment.

Heater uses the heat generated from the car while it is running afaik.
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Experts an Experienced, please guide,
    Does it happen in turbo-charged petrol cars that the turbo-charger blows off all of a sudden ?
    This question is of vital importance for me, how can you blow a turbo charger in say T-jet, for example ?
    SHAH,S A
  8. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Well, I don't know about blowing off your turbo, but you can drastically reduce the life of a turbo by abusing it, like driving it near the redline and then immediately switching off the car, or starting the car from a cold-start and then redlining it immediately.

Otherwise, take care of it, and it'll take special care of you.
  9. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear TFIans,
    At Srinagar, Dealers don't have a Tjet-2011 available,except one SBB with 600km on ODO.
    *At Jammu, the dealers have a Tjet-2011 which is April-2011 manufactured(DMZ) with ODO-reading of 85Km(they claim) colour BNW. They have received it in Oct.2011 and since then was lying in their stock yard,has not been used for TD.
    I talked to the sales manager of the dealership on phone, they are quoting 9.28Lac with 1lac cash discount + 40k loyalty bonus + free insurance and RSA. They are callin me back tomorrow(Monday).
    What should I do now, please respond to help me in subsiding my restlessness..!!!
    Take care.
    SHAH,S A

N.B. this message was sent to speedjet and gurjinder as PM.
    Kindly give your suggestions.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Well 85km is a lot considering there is no H on the odo, if that is the case, stay away from it imo.

The price is damn awesome, and do a proper PDI and you should be safe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.