1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i go for this T-Jet+?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by S A SHAH, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear speedjet and Gurjinder,
    The delivery of the present T-jet (BNW) is scheduled for tomorow(Saturday), so the sales manager has invited me to be present at the moment of delivery and will let me know about my T-jet's deal. Any way, he informed me that they have another T-jet(SBB) with them which is used by their Boss presently, it is 2011 model (they claim) and has the odo-reading of 1000km, out of which the 400km is the distance travelled from Jammu to Srinagar while transporting the car. The sales manager is promising me more discount on this car, will know the exact figures tommorow only. I'll definitely let you know the data and seek your opinion on the deal.
    So, I'll be able to examine the car tommorow only, espacially to check the VIN etc.
    I request you and other TFIians, especially Gurjinder Sir, to respond to my posts so that I can arrive at proper decision of getting a genuine piece of T-JET+
    With thanks,
    S A SHAH
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Shah sahab, this TJet sounds like a test drive car or one that is used for promotional purposes. I do not think that it is a good idea to buy a car that was used for test drive. The main concern is that it may have been abused. Also, 1000 kms would mean that it is a used car. What is the discount he is offering - if its huge (you were already getting 1.75 lac off, not sure how much more he can give) maybe then you can give a thought

Can you check the ODO on the BNW TJet+. That shall also give you an idea if he is telling the truth about the 400 km from Jammu to Srinagar (how is it for other brands)

Lets wait for others to respond as well
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Shah sahb, i personally would stay away from that 1000km run TJET.

I would say pay a bit extra if need be, but purchase a car which has not been used/abused by others for their personal use. That 1000km car is effectively a second hand car, no matter if the boss has driven it or FIAT's President. And if anyone intends to purchase that car, he should pay the price what a used Tjet would fetch in the market - which i reckon would be much lesser than the discounted price being given by the dealer.

Also, 1000km may seem little, but the initial couple of thousand km's determine how the car would behave for the rest of it's life. So, the dealer might give you something like a tempting deal for 7 lacs or so, but what if the car has been abused for those 1000km's?

Go for a new car, rather than a used ''new'' car.
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    1.If the dealer has been using this car, it would be registered in their name obviously. This implies that it will indeed be a second hand car.
    2.Usually the cars that dealers use are more often than not used as test drive cars also.
    3.When a car is received by a dealer from the factory, its ODO is disconnected. So you can not be sure about how many kms it has run also.
    better stay away from it. its worth giving a thought if offered at half price maybe..
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My Shah, Please dont go for that particular T-jet, as rightly said by Gurjinder, we dont know how the Jet must have been treated for the 1000Kms,
    As you are spending your hard earned money forget the extra discount and just go for the brand new car, you can tell the dealer that you will pay for the transportation of the jet and let them give you good offer,
    You will save the money on the car, but will not have a piece of mind with the T-Jet.
    You dont have any other dealer, just close the chapter with them and make a fresh booking,,,,
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Shah sahab, the community has spoken and the opinion is clear that you should not go for it. As far as getting a fresh TJet is concerned, dealers are normally apprehensive to get one. They are more interested in just selling off the existing stock available with them.

You can try to buy a TJet from Jammu dealer if he has one.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Any updates shah sahab?
  8. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank You All, TFIians,
    On Friday evening the mother-Nature was at it's winter-youth, it started SNOWING for whole night to cover the land with it's colour, for a Fiat-enthusiast it was "Bosanova-white". For next three days every thing was disrupted, all systems down, no electricity for 3 days, every thing PCs, phones etc exausted of power. So no communication at all, detached from every body and every thing. But, Mr.Ayaz the sales manager of TATA dealership called me on Saturday morning to say that all events are postponed till next notification.
    I thank all of you for showing concern. Yes, I'm myself thinking after going through your posts should not go for SBB-Tjet (1000km), moreover I wish to have a BNW colour that will be a "Snow Leopard" for me.
    So,on my visite to the dealership, I'll make them aware of my choice, colour and manufacture date etc.
    We do have another dealer at Jammu, but not in contact with them, I'll explore the chances of contacting them also for the deal. Srinagar-Jammu National Highway is presently closed due to heavy snowfall.
    I hope, you guys will like one of My-Palio's yesterday's photos for being Fiat-lovers/fans.
    Regards,
    S A SHAH

N.B. The mentioned SBB-Tjet(1000km) is not registered as yet, the papers are blank as new.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Your Palio is awesome.. because all Palios are!! just that its invisible here currently for some reason !! :):)
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear shams, I wanted to show you more snow than my-Palio 070120124078.jpg
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.