1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I go for a 2014 pre-fecelift linea or keep the existing linea MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by csr1969, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you think the Cruise Control to be a game changer for you, then go ahead and get post 2014 Linea. Otherwise, I would not recommend at all, 1L Kms. is still less for the MJD.
    jumu likes this.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT

He is talking about the Pre-Facelift 2014 version. Which did not have Cruise Control at all.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @csr1969 personally if I were to get a good deal and I can spare up some cash, I wouldn't mind trading in.
    The reason being the refreshed interiors, fresh warranty and more to add all new stuff including Engine/Tyre/Battery(Basically the whole car).
  4. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Bad Idea... When there is no much of difference, and no issue with the present car... Stay back. Fiat which launched AEIGA in the global market..., lets hope they get that here in India.. Looks way better than Linea... :)
  5. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    You may opt for it. Ifs and buts are always there, go through the PDI and replace with new batteries, lubricants, other precautions suggested by forum members before taking the delivery. You may share the details of dealer and price. As mentioned lot of prospective buyers would give a thought.
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    What is the net return on investment in this deal ? You are paying a few lakhs more and what you will end up getting is just a new RC book with a recent manufacturing date :)
  7. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah you are right TFI'ans I have decided to wait for the 1.6 Mjd which is coming next year. If I am going for 1.6 Mjd even my existing linea will accompany it as I cannot let it go as I have made a lot of memories with it.

Moderators please lock the thread
    prabhjot and Fiat fan Yuva like this.
  8. Fiat fan Yuva

Fiat fan Yuva Novizio

Chennai
    Linea Classic
    @csr1969, if you give the dealer details that will be helpful to me (I booked a linea MJD just 2 days back, even if we get in this price 2 of my friends also interested to buy linea) my mail is uvanraja@live.com
  9. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3

I guess he is in Hyd, can we buy from different state and register it elsewhere ? 6.5L thats crazy, I paid 8 for my Punto! But 2014 Jan is 20 months old. I dont think its a good idea picking a car that old thats been lying around.
    Fiat fan Yuva likes this.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The new linea and Puntos are excellent. Lot of changes and refinements you will see. Well put together.. Its refreshing to drive except for those who dont like the high GC. The engine IS to be experienced, as it settles down and by 12K kms, it is poetry in motion. . In my Evo, Ive found a sea change in its refinement compared to my earlier Grande Punto. I am sure the Linea will be even better. Once you get that feeling to change, it is quite difficult to hold on. It will keep ringing in your head:)

Abdul
    Pradeepms, Fiat fan Yuva and prabhjot like this.