1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I go for a 2014 pre-fecelift linea or keep the existing linea MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by csr1969, Aug 5, 2015.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    I just came to know that there are a whole lot of 2014 mfd prefacelift linea's lying with the dealer. Now I am in a dilemma that should I upgrade my old linea to this new linea. And my second question at what price can I buy this old unused linea. Please let me know.

Thanks For reading
  2. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I am not very sure what upgrade you are going to get with the 2014 Pre-facelift linea apart from the raised suspension. I think even the interiors and engine will be the same. You will end up with a new car and nothing more. I would not do that unless there are some serious problems with my current ride. All the best.
    Deepak likes this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    +1 @C_S
    It's not called as an Upgrade. You should upgrade to something which is newer than your current car. Pre 2014 Linea is similar to the one you own now. BTW why did you get this thought. How much discount the dealer is offering?
  4. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Bad idea as suggested by others in this thread. Not sure which model Linea do you own but if there is no serious problem with your current ride, better to wait for some more time. Lot of talks of Linea getting a 1.5 MJD or 1.6MJD as well along with new sedan launch. Better to hold on to your current ride for an year, if possible.

Additionally cars should be there in dealer's yard for close to 2 years lying idle, with European reliability, it is a huge risk to take.
  5. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my opinion if u want to upgrade from active to dynamic or emotion , dynamic to emotion you can do that considering u r getting huge discount(as top variant will have abs and airbags etc) or wait till u get 1.6mjd, that will be atleast 2yrs from now(is that too early for fiat to release 1.6 in their own sedans)....
    rajks and C_S like this.
  6. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Actually the dealer is pushing of the cars for 6.5 lakhs. That include MJD's and Tjet's. He was quoting 6.5 lakhs for 2014 jan model MJD. I checked the vehicle in person. It is a Tuscan Wine and he is ready to offer as many accessories as he can. The vehicle is very neat and no scratches on it and all the functions are working. Mine is a 2009 december model emotion pack which is loaded with 2 airbags, abs etc.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 5, 2015 ---
    I actually found a buyer who is ready to offer 3 lakhs for my ride which has done 105000kms and I have pampered it with all the gizmos I could.
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Can you please more details on this like how many such vehicles are available? Color options, Variants.
    It will help those looking for Punto, can get Linea in that price.
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @csr1969 already u have top end, so just to get a new vehicle u have to pay 3.5 lacs extra (after selling ur old one)....... If u have any problems with ur old one then u can go for this deal, otherwise u can wait for 1.6mjd
    Deepak likes this.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    BTW, which dealer is this? Please confirm.
  10. naresh

naresh Timido

hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @csr1969 which dealer is this? Please confirm.