1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I go for 2011 Linea T-Jet plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by pateldiddharthr, Dec 7, 2012.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If you are serious about buying the TJet, I would suggest that you go to your home town and do a thorough PDI. If the car is in a good condition, negotiate for a good deal. I am not sure what your hometown is and hence cannot judge what is the discount being provided to you.

Most of us who bought the TJet in the second part of this year took a risk and till now no-one has been disappointed with the car.

It maybe some time before the new TJet comes in (maybe second half of 2013 at the earliest) and you may not get a good deal then. I took a look at many TJets before buying. I learnt that there are some dealers who do use the car. For example, there is a member on the other forum who bought a Tjet+ around March 2012. This car was shown to me by the dealer and it had run 450 kms and I did not buy it. However the other guy who bought this has not faced any issue till now
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    I think, if you are a die hard fan of T-Jet & can bargain to get car in 5.5-5L, that's a fantastic deal. But 7+L is not a win-win situation.
  3. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune
    I did thorough inspection of the car again and it seems to be in good condition visually, I gave dealer a final price of 5.5 lakhs OTR(But after negotation i may extend max upto 5.75;)). Also i came to know that car is october 2010 make, but dealer has received it in february 2011. He has not yet agreed on price, but has agreed to change all the oils, batteries and do full fantastic cleanup service. Should i ask him to change the tyres as well ? I have also asked him to give me a test drive of vehicle for atleast 10 plus kms. What should I look for during the test drive ? Can a car get spoiled if it is resting without much driving for so long. Did anyone hear about re-launching time of T-jet during factory visit.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I bought a Oct 2010 T-Jet in August this year. So far, I have had no issues, except the occasional blinking of the ODO, after 5500 kms. Please do a thorough check, not just visual, also functional. Please also check minor details like rear sun screen, power windows, opening closing of the fuel cap, bonnet release lever etc.

Follow your heart and you will not regret it. All the best :D

Rajan
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If you can get a knowledgeable mechanic to checkup the car then it would be helpful

Also, while driving check if there is any pull in the car (alignment issues), excessive vibrations, AC properly working. You should ask for tyre change as tyres would be more than 2.5 years old if the car is of Oct 2010 make

- - - Merged Post - - -

if you get it for 5.75 then it is dirt cheap and a very very very good deal :)
  6. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune
    Not yet, i have put the price in front of dealer, 5.5 without tyre upgrade 5.75 with tyre changed to new ones. He said he will get back.
  7. Any update on the negotiation? And what are all the checks you made? One thing I want to make you notice. The ODO can be disconnected for as long as desired.and once reconnected, the "H" DOES NOT vanish. I have seen it. So, there is no way to make sure how many kilometers the vehicle has actually been driven. :(
  8. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune
    I read your article on ODO that it can be disconnnected, thanks for details, Shocking. I am taking one of my car mechanic friend to do the inspection as well when I take the car for test drive and if dealer agrees for the price I have quoted, else I will be leaving the deal for good.

I am also thinking to look down on the net and see if any fault is stored in any of the vehicle ECU's when ODO is disconnected, if so i will do a check with my personal OBD kit. I am not sure if Blue Me can and eco-drive can be of any help, based on data they collect to help improve the driver pattern of driver. I am searching net to see on details.
  9. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    ODO Disconnection is quite common and I myself have witnessed it in front of me.

See the tyre hairs as they are more accurate.