1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I go for 2011 Linea T-Jet plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by pateldiddharthr, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Once the H mark goes , the odo can be reset from any reading , any number of times , to show any reading ? No ?
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not at all. Once the H mark goes, you cannot reset the odometer to read zero or anything else.

You can reset the odometer before the initial 200km's are completed and in that case you will have the odometer reading 0.

So, if you have 600 reading on the odometer, the max the vehicle could've run is 199+600km's. Assuming the dealer reset at exact H-199km's.
    3 people like this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No. This is how it works:

1. When the car rolls out the production line, the ODO reads 0 with H
    2. Once the car starts running, the ODO keeps track of the distance run
    3. From here, there are 2 scenarios :
    a. The car runs 200 kms - the H vanishes and then any reset is not possible. In this case, whatever the ODO shows would be the actual distance the car has run
    b. The car runs less than 200 kms and the H is still visible. The ODO can be reset to 0 ONCE. When the ODO is reset, the H vanishes

Therefore, if the car in question show 600 kms on the ODO, then the least it could have run is 600 kms and the most it could have run is 600 +199 = 799 kms.

Rajan
    7 people like this.
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I stand corrected :) Good to know that FIAT odo's cannot be reset more than once !
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Patchyboy

Your posts always have great punctuation. Good to see!:up
    2 people like this.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    As Many other friend told here, Inspect the Car throughly and bargain hard with them to get 5-5.5 as this will be 2 years old vehicle, and as per them FIAT depreciation is big. Take the advantage of their policy. If they are ok with 5-5.5 L, think for buy. TJET will not be launched before 2013 as per Fiat's road-map.
  7. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune
    We have a nice group here with fantastic knowledge and excellent guidence. Thanks all. I will go with most of your suggestions, to stay away from this vehicle for now. Two reasons,
    1. The vehicle is with dealer in my hometown, so i may need to travel to actually do a thorough inspection
    2. Even if i buy i will need to take pain of registering in Pune as state and city changes.

So lots of odds. will wait to get a new Tjet vehicle from Pune itself.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    After the H has vanished anything could happen. I saw a linea at AS Motors Gwalior long back which was not a TD vehicle but being used as a TD vehicle and the dealer has intelligently disconnected the speedometer. I just saw wires in place of speedo. I am sure he might have fixed it again and sold that car.

Another point H disappears if you disconnect the speedometer wires and reconnect them. Means H is the only best way to identify.

Recently my frnd booked last tjet. We went for TD yesterday in pune and the car had H 129. Keeping in mind that it was driven for 100 kms from factory to dealer yard in chikli. It was ok.

I did a through pdi and found no rusting and engine oil was golden virgin oil. The car had no issues except chrome fading because it was in factory yard for more than an year

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    So, you mean to say, that if the ODO is disconnected, then the H vanishes and the car can keep running without clocking the distance? Thanks for this information, I did not know that.

It makes perfect logical sense. The car leaves the factory with ZERO kms (theoretically) and the H visible. The dealer gets the first 200 kms to drive the vehicle from the stockyard to the RTO / Showroom for registration and delivery. Even though most dealers do have their stockyards outside the city, 200 kms is more than enough. This means the buyer has to check for the H and if it is missing, then smell a rat.

Problem is FIAT does not bother to inform the customers of this feature. The dealer cannot be bothered either for obvious reasons. What is the point in building such a nice anti-misuse feature and then keeping it to themselves?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Very well said about fiat not marketing the feature.. but dear friend the whole problem is marketing. Fiat is just not have good marketing strategy in india

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2