1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I go for 2011 Linea T-Jet plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by pateldiddharthr, Dec 7, 2012.

1. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune
    A dealer is offereing me a March 2011 Linea T-jet Plus HHB at 7.3 OTR. Is it worth going for it ? what type of issues should I take care of, i refered Pre-delivery inspection sheet. It is a show room vehicle, shows 600 KM.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.

From what I know, all the T-Jets has been sold out and nothing is available currently. I suspect that this vehicle may be a TD vehicle. Why has it run 600 KM if this is a showroom vehicle?
  3. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune
    Dealer says he regularly does PDI to make sure vehicle is in good condition. like ignition on, ramping engine and one round arround the dealership. Is it really a required procedure for all showroom vehicles or he is trying to fool and sell TD vehicle
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Strange. What is the actual month of manufacture? Are they saying that they drive daily? It is unlikely IMO. Even if they drive once in a week around the dealership for around 5 Kms., the vehicle shouldn't (5x52) have done more than 300 Kms.
    1 person likes this.
  5. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune
    March 2011. As per him he does PDI once in 15 days.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very difficult to say unless it is inspected completely.
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    What makes this a risky deal is that the odo has already crossed 200 KM and for all you know that 600 could actually be 6000 km :) . Have you seen the vehicle in person ? What does it look like cosmetically?

I would advise you to assume the worst case scenario and then proceed.. What if it is indeed a TD vehicle which has been abused and major component(s) are on the verge of failure , undiscoverable through inspections before booking ? Of course , parts will be covered under warranty but consider multiple visits to service centre , along with periods where the car will not be drivable.. Are you willing to undertake such a risky venture just for the driving pleasure and the pampering that the TJet offers ?

If your answer is yes , then go ahead and get it.. that's what I had done :)

PS - TBH , my decision wasn't as hard because my car had 90(H) KM on the odo when I first saw it , and around 140(H) on the day of the delivery..
    1 person likes this.
  8. pateldiddharthr

pateldiddharthr

Pune

Thanks for the suggestion. From visual inspection vehicle looks new, but not like a very very fresh new car. I think I will hold the decision for a while, since anyway fiat has good plans in India as per yesterday's media updates, so i can go for a new car in 2013.

Thank you all for helping me in this decision....
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yep stay away from it. Unless it's for something like 5-5.5 lacs. :p
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Please do explain how it can be 6000 kms?

The yard supervisor gave me an almost similar explanation when I bought my T-Jet. It was an Oct 2010 car and I bought it in Aug 2012. He told me that he gets the car driven around the stock yard, to ensure that the tyre is rolled a bit and the rubber does not deteriorate. In spite of fellow TFians warning TD car, I went ahead and bought it, as the ODO was reading 148 H.

However, in your case, it is 600 and no H. So it could have done a maximum of 800 kms, which it too much of a distance. The one possibility is that the dealer drove the car every 15 days for 30 - 40 kms to keep it in good condition, which is unlikely. The most possible reason is - it was used for TD.

You can go and safely buy an used car with 6000 kms on the ODO, single owner, than a 600 km TD car, reason being, almost everyone who wants a TD somehow needs to push the car to its limits. I have never understood why they need to do that, when they are seldom going to do that with their cars. My suggestion - Saty away from this car.

Rajan