1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I change from Apollo Acelere to another tyre?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

I too have apollo. Completed 12K without any problems. Still looks like new. When I purchased my punto, SE told me, "Sir you are lucky to get apollo tyres, earlier FIAT used to provide GT3. Apollo is much better than GT3". Don't know it's true or not, but felt happy :)
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punctures or no puncture is very relative and depends totally on destiny. :p

On a set of Goodyear NCT5's on the Palio, the first puncture was somewhere around 20k+. On the Linea with Aceleres , the first happened at 7k or so.

It'll happen when it has to happen, irrespective of the tyre.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. I do accept punctures are purely based on luck,but still after using michellin for sooooo long,even my bike had one...So even though i know other brands are good but whenever I try to think of migrating to other brands I get a little scared...:shock:
    But now I think I should try Apollo,and hope it serves me well..:smile:Thanks everyone for helping me make up my mind...:clap
    1 person likes this.
  4. teja8784

teja8784 Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    My punto 1.3MJD 2012 model has been fitted with GT3 tyres and i have just completed 27K and see there is lot of noise coming in. i have checked with dealer and he suggested me to go ahead for change of tyres. I was planning to go for Apollo Acelere or Michelin since my main priority is to have better road grip and very less noise. He suggested me to go for Michelin P3ST.