1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should I change from Apollo Acelere to another tyre?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Hey guys I am in quiet a fix now,my car has arrived at the stockyard and during pdi I saw it had Apollo acelere as stock tyres(was expecting GT3):A.
    Well having read not too many good reviews about it what should I do?:confused
    Should i change it now or keep it and change it later?:confused:

NOTE:::Presently my finance minister has called for red alert,so no expense(extra..unnecessary..)now...

What we are expecting from our STOCK APOLLOS>>>>

1)We have been using michelin in our cars and we are extremely happy with it:clap..So people are saying apolo and michelin are similar,as michelin's design team worked on apollo,and both are soft rubber tyre..Does this make it any reliable like michelin???
    2)As our main requirements are good stabilty at high speeds,good grip on wet and dry roads,good off roading abilities,and well long life(my wife wants that so no performance series).
    3)People have reported that apollos are puncture prone due to soft rubber.I dont want to run every now and then to change tyres in case of punctures(I am quiet lazy;-)) & moreover we travel at night aswell so its quiet unsafe if any hanky panky happens with the tyre,as you all might be knowing I will be getting :chair: from all the ladies in the car(my wife,mother and in laws),whoever travels with us at that moment.
    4)Tyre sound is not too big an issue...

Please guys help me in deciding,and please rate apollos as to how they nehave on all the above conditions.And even if I stay with the Apollos what will i be compromising with?
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From what many users tell, acceleres is as good as or even better than goodyear gt3. It will easily last long, easily 35k. Change the tire to some better sportier ones after that .
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    After having driven with both GT3 and Acelere, I feel GT3 has got slight edge on road grip and better high speed performance. But, Apollo is not a bad tyre and not soft too like Michelins and C drives. The flip side of Acelere is it has less life than the GT3. I have done 29k kms with the Acelere and it looks like I may have to get new set of tyres by 35k. Where as my friends who have GT3 have done close to 50k kms. before getting new tyres.

If you dont have enough budget, stick with Acelere and change at 35k.

FYI, no punctures so far with my Aceleres at 29k and I have driven my car in all terrains.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  4. thanks that is what I wanted to hear,if it performs well I am happy,well even my other half is,even at the cost of the tyre wearing out faster.::OThat way I can go for new tyres earlier aswell....:wow
  5. Even mine is running on accelere . Completed around 11k kms .. Wonderful grip .. I am extremely happy with its performance .. You can change it once it worn out ..

Ajit
  6. The more positive reply comes the happier I am..:clap
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi, firstly I have edited the title thread to something less sensational. :)

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with the Aceleres apart from high road noise. Use them till they wear out and then opt for better tyres.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Just to inform that I have used my GT3 till 45K, but one tire was leaking due to a bad puncture job, bought a new one + spare tire (never used) fitted in rear wheels.
    2 old tires are in front wheel still has enough tread and life. Now it is 48k will touch 50k anytime soon. :)
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My Punto 90HP is on apollo acelere's, its more than 42k kms and can go atleast 5k more. These tyres are not the best, but are not bad tyres. Road noise is more as compared to even GT3's. Else there has been no issues. Planning to change the tyres in couple of month to either A-drive or ZLO.
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Please stay away from GT3 tires . They after say 15k kms develop a deformation which leads to wobbling . GT3 is definitely better in grip from apollo but apollo provides a peace of mind and decent performance . My car has been running on apollo for 8k kms and till now no puncture .