1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i buy TJET plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajankamboj, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Nope. Mine is the regular T-Jet with steel rims and plastic wheel covers. They are not alloys :D

Rajan
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It is possible that since only very few are left, they might indeed withdraw the offer. Not sure how they would retail the remaining very few cars.

As far as I am aware there are 3 BNW 2010 Tjet and 1 Brozo Scoro 2011 Tjet. All 2011 Tjet+ FTAs are invoiced to the dealers.

Johy - I would suggest you hold on to the booking for some more time. Once the car is shipped from the factory, the transit time is completely dependent on the trucking company, neighter the dealer nor the manufacturer can do anything about it. So what your dealer is telling you might actually be true.
  3. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    I guess everything looks with T-Jets. :p The cycle looks great BTW. I am tempted to steal it :D

^ Doing that. But the waiting is killing me. Also, the territorial manager told me not to worry. They have checked the car for any problems before dispatch or so he said.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  4. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys update from Fiat-Tata guys. The car is not here yet; they are claiming it will come on 2nd or 3rd of September.

They want me to give them to go-ahead to have the car "punched" into the system, i.e., billed in August 2012.

They claim the offer (Exchange bonus+Gift Cheque+Free Insurance+RSA) is valid only till the end of the month and they are not sure of the offer next month. So what to do guys? I have told them by e-mail that I would take delivery of the car subject to:

1) No problems in the car 2) No further delay (as it was booked on August 13, 2012).

Looking forward to replies.
  5. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    In my opinion, the offer will stay well into September if not better and you should wait/see the car before "punching" it into the system. I am saying this based on what happened last year, until August end they offered Free Fuel etc. but just 10K cash discount, but in September they cut the price by almost a lakh !
  6. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    She is finally here.

Guys, she is finally here. Just posting few pictures for now. Detailed review in a few days. Things got delayed due to rains, but I insisted on taking last night (was a kind of a holiday for me) after a detailed PDI in daylight. All fine except for 1) glove box not closing properly - fixed. 2) Small scratch on left front wheel arch - to be fixed today. Run just 27H (I was really afraid I would get one without the H sign). Seats, interiors, everything in peak shape. No rusting! Absolutely surprised. And she drove like a dream. I was not really wanting to drive her out as the papers are not fully ready yet, but my 6-year-old insisted, so I took her out for a spin. There was one point where I had to come "off the road" due to two trucks and boy I did not even feel it though the tarmac was quite high off the footpath!

One question: Does not the car manual, Blue&Me, papers come in a nice little diary-cover kind of thing? It was only in a plastic bag, so I got a bit worried.

Thank all of you who helped me selecting the car! There was no competition, was there? :grin:

IMG_0369 (Large).JPG IMG_0371 (Large).jpg IMG_0373 (Large).jpg
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    6 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Now the thread should be renamed as "will I get a Tjet?" The Tjets are out of stock with many dealers. Those who are left grab it. It is the future car that can make our younger brothers(Jr. linea lovers) boil with colourful fever. Not just yellow fever. We will see threads like FTA fever, TW fever, MG fever etc :D
  8. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys, I mean, I had two questions:

1) Does the manual, blue/me, booklets comes in a sort of diary cover kind of bag?

2) Is there a separate code for the remote locking; I got two sets of codes, one for the Blue/Me/stereo and one for the key itself.

^Sungoa : I believe the T-Jet Plus models are all sold! Only a few T-Jets left.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, johy.
    No. Bag/pouch/brief are all given as compliments by the dealer.
    No. Only those two codes which you have already got.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations!!
    Mods Note - This is closed now, please continue discussion in appropriate thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.