1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i buy TJET plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajankamboj, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Nish, mine is EMZ so May 2011.

However, it is surprising that we were given wrong info. Jets were indeed being manufactured post May as it now turns out per other buyers.

I think the Bronzo Scuros and Tuscan Wines were manufactured in April and May respectively, and they continued with FTAs in June.

Mine couldn't have been a dealer stock car as I did the PDI at the stockyard at Panvel, and saw the card that mentioned it's offloading date (a couple of days prior to my PDI).
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    My TJet came directly from the factory too. Like I mentioned, Concorde is a subsidiary of Tata and the dealer showed me the inventory list *at Ranjangaon* and not his stockyard. I did a recce of other dealers as well, and only Concorde could promise me a May 31 HHB TJet.

The only plausible explanation is that they invoice and dispatch TJet's from the factory only upon confirmed orders - at least for Mumbai. So maybe Fiat was waiting to invoice and ship May models before rolling out June. Not to forget that its also about colour na? From what I see across TBHP/GH/TFI, FTA seems to be available as a June 2011 model but not all other colours.

I know there ain't any difference between the two and thankfully my PDI went great so no reason to complain. But it's just a matter of curiosity about how dealers/manufacturers work, especially because I booked my car in Aug and took delivery in Oct!

I remember from SpeedJet's ordeal how he was constantly being peddled late 2010-early 2011 Tjets, even till Sep/Oct 2011.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  3. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Very interesting observation Nish. Further, I get a feeling that they have a couple of whites and blacks as well! Because every time they (Fiat-Tata) wrote an e-mail to me, they would make sure to write "as of now only the FTA is available."

I think I am lucky in a way - there is nothing other to push my way, like earlier manufactured pieces.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Getting restless with the waiting. Seems like a loonggggggggg wait for me :-( . Booked on 14th August.
  5. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys just updating this thread. The territorial sales manager tells me that the car got delayed enroute due to rains. Now he says he want to enter the car into the system this month, so that I get the benefits (exchange benefit, cash discount, etc.). Is that okay? I told him I won't take delivery till I do a full PDI and am fully satisfied with it.

They say it will take another 4-5 days. But can't trust them. It has taken 14 days from Pune to eastern MP border!!!:eek:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just make sure you inform them in clear terms, that in case any issue in PDI, you will not take it.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Are you giving him the full amount or only a token, say Rs 50000. If it is full amount and you reject the car, it would be difficult to get the money back. However, do take the discount into account while finalizing on this
  8. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    I have given him a booking amount only so far. I have told him clearly that I will pay up only after a satisfactory PDI. Further they asked for a booking amount of Rs 1 lac, which I have paid. They have assured me of full refund in case I am not satisfied.

Question - As I have booked the case during the offer, mid month, 13-08-2012 to be precise, shouldn't I be getting the offer. I am sure I would be eligible for offers. The delivery delay has been on their part; not mine.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    On the one hand, everyone says FIAT is desperately trying to clear old stock of T-Jets by offering massive discounts and on the other this happens :A

BTW, is the dealer trying to tell you that if the car you booked is not invoiced this month, then you will not get benefits? :confused: How in the world will FIAT sell old stock by withdrawing offers? Sounds more like he will lose whatever bonus he will be getting.

Rajan
  10. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks Rajan,

That is what they were hinting, so I told them fine, it is late, so give me my refund and I will buy me a Vento! They have said please wait saar for a few more days. Delays due to rains. BTW mate, I just took at look at your BNW T-Jet and the alloys look different from the Plus. So your is the normal TJet and you have fitted alloys from elsewhere?
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.