1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i buy TJET plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajankamboj, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Should not be sny. FIAT offers a 5 years anti-perforation warranty. If it's nuts & bolts you're worried about, just get them changed.
    1 person likes this.
  2. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks, and is there a written warranty card for the 5-year anti-perforation thing?
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The warranty is for 2 years and not 5 years. How do I know? it's mentioned in the TJet warranty booklet. You can confirm with dealer
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys, I got the VIN number FMZ = June 2011. Hope the condition of the vehicle is good. Hoping for the best. :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Is there any documented evidence that NCT5 lasts longer than MPLC? I really doubt that. And even if it does, you'll be riddled with road noise in NCT5 like after 5-10k kms. Whereas MPLC will be silent all throughout their life.

I should know, because I was running the entry level Michelin XM1+ in my Getz for over 35000 kms and they had seen all kinds of roads. Even after that, the tyres had around 10k kms left and were as silent and comfortable as they were in the intial thousand kms.
    The saga of all TJet owners. Such a brilliant car and OEM ICE worse than Alto's (if it had one!)
    Pray, why do you want Blue and Me? Trust me, once you start using it, you'll hate it (and Microsoft, if you already dont!). Its slow, buggy and useless. I'm more than happy to let it go.
    I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure its not just 2 years. Speed - can you upload scanned page, or mention the page number where its mentioned?
    1 person likes this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Its based on what I have seen in my 1000 kms of usage of MPLC (mostly city only with some highway runs) and 600 kms (around 350 on highway) of usage of NCT5. Based on my limited usage I would comment:

Comfort: MPLC better than NCT5
    Noise: MPLC less than NCT5
    Grip at normal speeds: MPLC = NCT5
    Grip at high speeds: NCT5 better than MPLC
    Wet grip: MPLC better than NCT5
    Probability of tyre damage: MPLC more prone to damage than NCT5

I am pretty sure as I saw it just a month back and also SA showed to me when I mentioned it is 5 years - it is in the first few pages (will post the number/scanned copy later). Its possible that with increased discounts on the TJet+, the warranty has gone down this year and till last year it was 5 years. Maybe 2012 Punto/Linea owners can comment to confirm on the same so that we know that the warranty on stocked cars is less than 2012
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Really? You found NCT5 equivalent to Michelins? That's very surprising and its the first time I'm hearing such high praise for Goodyear!
    Very very very hard to believe. Michelins are supposed to be known for their grip - wet, dry and high speed. I have driven NCT5 on my friend's Civic and they were nowhere close to MPLC. Given that Fiat already has great handling, I would like to believe that MPLC would be far far better than stock tyres. FYI - I have tested the grip at 185 kmph and I can vouch for it!
    Why do you say so? Any experience?

What I can tell from XM1+ experience is that Michelins can really take abuse like any other tyre. I had taken them on the interior roads of Karnataka and Konkan belt. Throughout the 3,000 km journey, I got just ONE puncture - that too where there was no road - just gravel, loose rocks and all kinds of damaging stuff. That road trip changed my perception of Michelin forever. All that soft compound hearsay is really BS.
  8. As per "Warranty and owner service policy" booklet - Anti-Perforation warranty is for 2 years or 80K KMS (which ever is earlier), refer to page # 7.
    I am not able to upload the pic due to some issue in bluetooth connectivity.

PS: This booklet is for 2012 Linea Emotion (D).
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Did they manufacture TJet after May 2011? I was told the last TJet rolled out on May 31, 2011.

That's surprising because I had booked my Tjet in Sep 2011 and I got the May 31, 2011. That was the latest model available across Mumbai (yes, I checked with all dealers). Concorde being a subsidiary of Tata assured me that their inventory list is latest and they have the first priority - a fact which was confirmed when I checked with other dealers.

My VIN is EMZ.

P.S. Another TFI member (Satyajit) booked around a week or two later but got Mar/Apr 2011 model. He booked at Fortune Motors.
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    The jets were being manufactured in June 2011. I got one (FMZ) as I said earlier on this thread. Seems like your dealer took you for a ride (there isn't much difference though so no issues). The dealers may have had cars which were manufactured earlier in stock which they are trying to get rid off first. I insisted that I will only take a car from the factory even though the discount offered was higher on in-stock cars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.