1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i buy TJET plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajankamboj, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @Johy : Michelin, Bridgestone, yakohama should be the best. All have their pros and cons.
    Visit a reputed tyre shop in your area and discuss and then decide which will be best suited for your specific usage.
    You can also do some research in the tyre upgrade threads.
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Michelin Primacy LC. Alternatively you could go for Apollo Acceleres - they will save you some money, but will be noisier.
  3. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks,

Michelin PLC seem to be good, will find out how much they cost here and the prices. What is the OEM tires that come with the car? If they are in good condition, I think they should suffice for normal use?
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Michelin Primacy LC costs around Rs9300. You may get around Rs 5000 to Rs 6000 for the NCT5 (I am talking about 16 inchers)

However, if you are happy with NCT, I would suggest do not replace tyres now since NCT5 lasts longer than Michelin
  5. Mr.Johy-Yokohama C-Drives are also best if you want more performance and more comfort.\

And,BTW,I m also looking for a T-JET+ 2011 version only.Any one in Hyderabad could help me.It is urgent.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks buddy. The Territorial area manager helping me out told me there were 05 pieces, all FTA; I think you should go to your nearest dealer fast and work it out mate.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I run Primacy LC's on my Punto and they are super silent and comfort oriented tyres. Don't go pothole bashing or flying on them please, or you risk damage (grip is decent enough though not the best). All 16 incher rubber is expensive , Primacy LC's being one of the most expensive ones.

My take: stick to Goodyear NCT5 which are decent enough. Plonk the cash on ICE coz that's where the Jet (or any other new-gen Fiat) seriously lacks.

If I were you dude, I'd be spending my holiday at the dealership and ensuring the order gets punched ASAP.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  8. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Nitin, my car ain't here yet and we are already speaking ICE and rubber! I like it!

Yes, changing all speakers to something decent is my first priority. Then will probably go for DSP and a subwoofer. I have never bought a car with integrated ICE and always hand-picked my stuff, but here I would not want to mess with the HU. What is the best route in adding a sub?
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Well don't get me started on ICE matters (I'm fed up doing the install for my Jet - still waiting for some of my stuff to reach me from US). You could add a DSP (which one you thinking?), front comps and a sub. Amp options would include a plug n play solution (hard to find these days) or using a HLA if your amp doesn't accept high level inputs. I'd suggest dump the HU (that's what I've decided after living with it for just over a month now). Trust me you couldn't do much worse than keeping this HU.
  10. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Ha Nitin, you seem pretty frustrated with the ICE, and I get a feeling I am going to be too! :eek:

I have not thought about it much at this point in time. Taking out the HU; well, won't I lose Blue&Me functionality? Which DSP would you suggest?

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

After reading through a lot of posts and topics related to the T-Jet, the main issue that seems to come up is with

1) Rusting

and

2) Paint issues.

Now understandably, it won't be a brand-new car; it will be one that has been lying in the stockyard for more than a year, so there is going to be some rust and some paint issues. What I want to know is how much rusting/paint issue is acceptable? Some nuts/bolts will be rusted; what do I do of it?

Body rust - I should reject the piece and ask for a refund?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.