1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i buy TJET plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajankamboj, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Nitin, that is not good news to me. When I spoke to the Regional manager based out in Kolkata yesterday over the phone, he did not mention it. Anyways, lets hope he comes up with new number and/or colors from some stock elsewhere.
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    No way. Only thing in the City that is close is the engine, but with the suspension setup & puny tyres, City is waaaay behind the T-Jet.

The fact is - T-Jet stands alone in that segment - actually it's a class above it's own segment.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @johy : Go for the Tjet+ over the City, there is absolutely no match. You have done a great mistake of test driving the Tjet+. Now no other car can satisfy you.

As far as service is concerned we all get our servicing done from Tata dealers. They will provide service to all Fiat cars till Fiat opens exclusive service centres and / or dealership in Siliguri. And as far as I know Siliguri is not a small town. It is strategically very important city of WB after Kolkata.

About the colour of your choise you should talk with the Territory Sales Manager / Regional Manager who can give you the exact position of that state. I would suggest you get the VIN and the odometer reading before you give the green signal for any car to be shifted from any dealership. I am saying this for I was offered a car with 371Km on the odo. This sort of situation should not arise at all.

Do a through PDI before you agree for registration. Minor scratches should not be a deal breaker as these things can be rectified, but check for rust in any part of the body and engine bay.

Best of luck for your purchase.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  4. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks mate. Only FTA available as of now, but Area sales manager said he will look if some dealer has white/black/sunbeam beige and if it can transporter by trailer. Just hoping for the best as of now. FTA is also a classy color though. Sedate and classy.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Not sure what color and model (TJet or TJet plus) you are looking for. With the March data available with me, there were around 6 FTA TJet plus available in the factory - 3 were of May 2011 and 3 were of June 2011. On this forum itself, I am aware of 3 peeple who have bought an FTA TJet+ - atleast 2 of these are June 2011. The third one I am not sure if it is May 2011 or June 2011.

With the deal you are getting, damn the color; just pick up the car before it is out of stock. Only do a thorough PDI before you pick up. And yes do check the ODO - some dealers are notorious in using the car. A couple of dealers offered me a car that had run 400 odd kms. They said "sir this is a special car. Fiat has done special testing of this car in Ranjangaon. you are getting a very special car"
  6. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys, I have booked the car now. TJet Plus. The only color they have it Fox Trot Azure. Now even when there is no choice of colors, they are still charging extra for premium color! Very strange of them, I think. They are saying it will take 15 to 20 days for delivery (to move the container containing minimum of 6 cars in total of Tata and Fiat from Pune to Siliguri.). The Territory Sales Manager of Fiat was also here and he reassured me that I would get the car of minimum running on the odo, max of about 30 to 40, which I think is fair. In case, there are any anomalies, he has assured full refund of booking.

Specifically what should be I looking at during PDI. Rusting? What else? What treatment do you recommend I get done? Definitely NOT Teflon. What about under body rust protection?

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Guys, sorry for the back-to-back post, but Pune guys or guys who have visited the Fiat plant at Pune, where are the 2011 T-jets stored? Out in the open? Or some covered secure area? :eek:

I think I am already getting paranoid nothing bad goes on with the PDI and delivery. Guys wish me well.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry too much, just prepare yourself for thorough PDI.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    johy dude, don't fret. I got my jet last month and I can tell you when I first did the PDI, it bettered my expectations (I was expecting an odd issue here or there). It came with 17km on the odo with the "H" mark alongside. Took out the dipstick and the oil on the same was golden in colour. I was so happy to see that and it took me an hour to get back to my senses and finishing the rest of my PDI checklist. :)
    2 people like this.
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Johy all the cars are stored in the open in the stockyard.

During the PDI, specially check the battery and get it replaced with a brand new one from the dealer, if possible.
    Then check the engine oil. If you think it needs replacement then get it done. These two would not be a big problem from the dealer's side.
    Third is the tyres. I dont think any dealer would agree to change the tyres. Best way is to get the same changed from outside on the date you get the delivery.
    Otherwise all items are in the PDI checklist. Carry it with you so that you dont miss any point.
    Keep your eyes opened for any sign of rust in the body and engine bay. You have to take a decision here if you find any signs of rust.

Best of luck for your purchase.
    1 person likes this.
  10. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks guys, even the Territorial manager told me the same thing; it will have run very little. Nitin, I sure hope the car alloted to me will have run a bare minimum.

Arryan, I am quite surprised that the car would be in the open for more than a year, exposed to the elements. I think Pune is relatively dry, and do correct me if I am wrong, so it is okay, but if it were stored in the open in Siliguri where I live or other similar places of high humidity, there would be considerable damage to the car just on storing it in the open.

The Tire question; if the tires are fine, no issues, but if not I will need to change it. Which is a good tire to change to, a good balance of performance and comfort? Secondly, I am quite not sure the size will be readily available, so it will be good if I have list of tires I can fall back on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.