1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i buy TJET plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajankamboj, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys, I am new to the forum.

I have been looking for a new car of late. I have sold my Baleno.

So I started looking. Have test driven many. Honda City. Duster 110. Vento. Skoda Rapid. Linea T-Jet.

I love the T-Jet; I loved the City as well. Vento/Rapid diesels are just cars.

And I put the Duster 110ps here because I need to drive over rough roads now and then, climb up the hills now and then, not too often.

Q. Does it make sense buying The T-Jet over the other cars? I know you guys are all Fiat lovers. I was not one, but now seem I am becoming one after driving the T-Jet. I like the leather seats. I love the 205 R16 wheels.

Also, I live in Siliguri, no Fiat Dealer/service centre here. Everything is done by the Tata guys, so does it makes sense after the Tata-Fiat alliance is broken? What are the common problems associated with the T-jet? My running is low.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Johy- Satti katha bolle, ami t-jet ke best driver's car rate kori in the 25L segment! It depends on your usage that you want a petrol or a diesel vehicle. But if i had to choose between these cars, T-jet would be my choice. And we too get it serviced from Tata service centres.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The one and only problem associated with Tjet is ADDICTION:D Nothing else.
    3 people like this.
  4. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Jishnu, I don't know 25L segment or not, but I was sure impressed. Service ta niye chinta korchi. What happens after the Tata-Fiat break-up. Especially for small towns like Shiliguri.

Damn. I really don't know what to do. Do you guys know if white or the red (wine red) is available in T-Jet Plus?

Now one of the big concerns for me is the old car. The 2011 car. Fiat is selling the 2011 model. They will dispatch one from the the Pune stockyard or the Calcutta dealer. Or the nearest dealer. In all these scenarios, I have no way of taking a look before the car is here. It might have been badly stored, they might spruce it up, and I would never know during delivery time. This is the thread that worries me. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-t-jet/3722-buying-linea-t-jet-plus-eq-vs-iq.html

And this is the post.

:eek:
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    You first need to decide what are your needs:
    1) an urban SUV or
    2) a s*x* car with muscle power
    If it is option 2, then its a no-brainer and you should go in for the TJet.

TJets have less problems when compared to other Fiats, but you definitely should take into account the distance of the nearest service centre. Right now all service is done by Tata dealers only (maybe a couple of places in India where Fiat has dedicated showroom). So it should not be an issue
    Say you decide for Duster - does Renault have a showroom/RASS in your place?

About the car being 1 year old, just do a thorough PDI and you should be good. Also, considering the discount that you are getting you should only worry about things such as rust or some other issues that cannot be resolved.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Just imagine that you brought that car one year back without any discount and didn't used it for one year. Now the current situation is better than the imagined situation with huge discount that they are giving. More to TJET means more to safety is the mantra. No cars in that price range can give that safety. Compromise and get it and protect our loved ones on road.
  7. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks guys, a lot of fog is getting cleared up now. What are the colors available for the T-Jet Plus nowadays?

Secondly, if one goes for exchange bonus, then the exchange value is offered by the Tata Dealer? OR is there a Fiat representative?
  8. kvmoorthy

kvmoorthy

Bangalore
    The Linea Tjet is best the class!!! Go for it... Wait not.
    Its really a fun to drive car...
    The closest Rival to the linea Tjet is City. Trust me the Linea Tjet would eat it.
    Tjet is completely a Drivers Car.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Who ever is planning for the T-Jet, act fast. According to my dealer in Chennai, only 7 T-Jet+ are available with Fiat currently. 6 BNW and 1 HHB.
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Last I saw the factory stock list in early July, it was only FTA and HHB for T-jet plus. Only one BNW T-jet was on the list and that too a 2010 model.

PS: I picked up my FTA T-jet plus in July which came from Pune, so I should know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.