1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should i buy TJET plus

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajankamboj, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajankamboj

rajankamboj

shimla
    Hi ,
    I have been silent member of this forum.I am interested in buying Fiat Linea TJET plus(decision solely based on the praise of tjet in this forum) .I have not test driven the vehicle(infact not seen the TJET in physical form).I present own a ford ikon 1.3 petrol 2001 model.I need following suggestions from you.

1.Is the vehicle niggle free.i am curious because i stay in shimla and the fiat dealer for HP is in Mandi ( approx 135 km away).It would be torture to take the vehicle all that distance for minor repairs.I am also not sure that whether i can take this vehicle to mohali( which is less than 100km) for repairs/servicing as i will be buying the vehicle from Mandi dealer(it is cheaper in HP).

2.My drive will not be much in city.The highway driving may include off roading too. In fact i have just clocked 78000 kms in my IKON in last 11years.So FE does not bother me much.

3.I do not plan to sell the car for next 7-8 years.Will the car able to last that long.I am asking this as i find that many lineas (may not be the tjets only) appear in sale classifieds after 1-2 years of ownership.

4.I donot need a new car urgently and can wait till the year end. but i think that the tjets will all get sold out by that time.

5. I will not be able to purchase any car above 10 lacs.I am getting TJet plus in 7.3 lacs OTR in shimla.I am told that it VFM at this price.The other cars which i was considering is yet to be launched duster and another yet to be launched Ford Ecosport.Should i wait for these cars or should i take a plunge right away and buy TJET plus.

6.Only three color options are available.BNW,FTW,black.I donot like BNW and black is difficult to maintain. Should i buy FTW.This is not very popular color but frankly i like the ravi sir car in this color.

7. If you suggest me to buy this car , then what all accessories should i order like door sils,fiat cushons, rear view camera(does it come as oem from fiat).
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will answer few.
    For niggle free, make sure to do thorough PDI, but Fiat cars have niggles, small nothing serious though.
    And you can buy from anywhere and use any service center for servicing, no issues at all.

If you want to buy T-Jet, I think this is the best time because of huge offer.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    It's a nice drive from Shimla to Mandi. Go for it. Small niggles will always be there, but nothing to the magnitude of a deal breaker. It doesn't get better than this at this price point.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    For the tjet after doing a thorough pdi

believe me, you shall not repent your decision. Fta looks gorgeous on the tjet
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    what 7.3 for a tjet. is there some tax difference or the prices are this low. damn i paid 7 for a 1.4 and that too dynamic pack. thats an awesome VFM. definitely go for it but it want be niggle free but as mentioned nothing that breaks the deal. duster or ecosport if you going off road often. tjet all the way if you buying a sedan. i still cant believe tjet for 7.3!!!
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    7.3 lakhs might be after he exchanges his Ford Ikon.
    ~2.5 lakhs discount from fiat + value of his Ikon + any additional benifits if available deducted from 11.5 lakhs is what I am guessing here.
    I will enquire about what my Punto will fetch me in exchange for a T-jet next week.
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi rajan, I have seen many of them after TD all cars finally they settle down for FIAT Linea in C+ segment (Actually we can say linea as D compared to its length and power of jet). I can see you from your old car of course you will like the TJET which has the spirited drive and you will love each time you step in it.Of course as every one said please do a through PDI.
  8. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

1.Is the vehicle niggle free.i am curious because i stay in shimla and the fiat dealer for HP is in Mandi ( approx 135 km away).It would be torture to take the vehicle all that distance for minor repairs.I am also not sure that whether i can take this vehicle to mohali( which is less than 100km) for repairs/servicing as i will be buying the vehicle from Mandi dealer(it is cheaper in HP).

2.My drive will not be much in city.The highway driving may include off roading too. In fact i have just clocked 78000 kms in my IKON in last 11years.So FE does not bother me much.

3.I do not plan to sell the car for next 7-8 years.Will the car able to last that long.I am asking this as i find that many lineas (may not be the tjets only) appear in sale classifieds after 1-2 years of ownership.

4.I donot need a new car urgently and can wait till the year end. but i think that the tjets will all get sold out by that time.

5. I will not be able to purchase any car above 10 lacs.I am getting TJet plus in 7.3 lacs OTR in shimla.I am told that it VFM at this price.The other cars which i was considering is yet to be launched duster and another yet to be launched Ford Ecosport.Should i wait for these cars or should i take a plunge right away and buy TJET plus.

6.Only three color options are available.BNW,FTW,black.I donot like BNW and black is difficult to maintain. Should i buy FTW.This is not very popular color but frankly i like the ravi sir car in this color.

7. If you suggest me to buy this car , then what all accessories should i order like door sils,fiat cushons, rear view camera(does it come as oem from fiat).[/QUOTE]

1. You can expect faulTy door or interior panel alignment. The worst you can expect is faulty wheel alignment. These can be rectified in a matter of minutes. So you can expect the car to be reliable.
    2. *Light off roading is a waltz for our punto, so i am confident that the t jet will do just fine.
    3. We planned to buy a t jet and keep it for 10 years, and bought a punto 90hp instead. Im pretty confident about the long time reliability of the jet.
    4. Only dozen or so are left afaik, and if you do find a t jet in the year end it will be nearly 2 years old!
    5. At 7.3 lakhs, it is a STEAL. If we got such a deal, we would buy not one but two!
    6. FTA gives the car a transcending look and is easy to maintain, but i am told there are 5 TWs available.
    7. Parking sensors, iluminated scuff plates, body cover, mudflaps, foot mats etc. Rear camera not available as a fga. Refer the fiat website for the complete list of accessories.

All the best. We were unable to get a deal as lucrative as your's, and decided against upgrading to the jet from our punto 90hp.
  9. rajankamboj

rajankamboj

shimla
    Today i finally made up my buying linea Tjet plus.Yes you guessed it right, it was without any test drive of machine.All the replies to my queries on this forum helped me to take a plunge.My special thanks to speedjet for his detailed replies to my queries.The booking was done on phone to Sh. Surya Dixit of Satluj Motors Mandi.I also had a talk with Sh Gaurav Territory Manager Chandigarh. As per his information there are only two colour left in the Pune plant(Dealers may have other colors too) of TJET PLUS.As of today there are 6 FTA and 9 Blacks remaining of 2011 make.There are few(not sure the exact number) of BNW cars of 2010 make also available.The discount on 2010 is 35 k more as compared to the 2011 model.I am going for FTA colour 2011 make.The booking amount 50K, was transferred to Satluj motor account. Delivery is expected in two weeks time.I was told that it will be brought in truck upto Chandigarh and from there it will be driven to Mangi (HP) approx 150km by the person from Satluj motors.Hope he is nice with the jet;).The final quotation is as follows:

Cost of the vehicle 919445-00
    Cash discount 115000-00
    Exchange bonus 100000-00(will not elaborate much on this:cool:)
    Free insurance
    Net price 704445-00
    Extended warranty 5000-00
    ( 2+2 years)
    Registeration cost 27584-00
    (3% of the cost)
    So final cost 737028-00
    I may also get corporate discount between 3 k -5k.My Sale rep was telling that this discount (refund) usually come after 3-4 months from the fiat directly based on the company one is employed in.Is there any other cost which i may be unaware of.(asking this as many in their replies have shown surprise at the quoted price)

So now the long wait begins.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Am I missing something here? You have not included any Life tax which is 12% in Hyderabad and 14% if this is the second vehicle being registered in your name.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.