1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

should I buy fiat punto evo ???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aviral singh, Nov 28, 2014.

1. PPal

PPal Timido

Mumbai
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey ,guys yesterday talked to a guy who was selling his punto over olx,he said never buy fiat,as he said he had to replace a clutch sensor ,which costed around rs 56,000,and then he got it from Delhi at rs 18000 ,I was very scared at thus,I mean how can a part of car be that much expensive,guys I really want your opinions,because for now its my dads hard earned money,which he is going to invest,and if it would have been mine car,then I would have not been scared because ,it would have been my car,my responsibility,so guys please provide real good info on the spare parts that are Imported from Italy,please guys help,yesterday almost hearing this gave a strong second thought of cancelling the booking but ,guys???:(
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There re several in this people who has changed their clutch assembly at certain KM range, you can search the forum to see the break ups.
  4. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    No,but I don't think it should cost 56000 ,please throw some light on the pricing of that clutch replacement ,and at what km does one should expect the clutch assembly to be changed,as that person only rode about 35000 km,and if after 35,000 km,if I have to shed that huge amount,I don't think its reasonable,please try and help me :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 6, 2014 ---
    I am eagerly waiting for some replies.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aviral,I changed my clutch kit+clutch release bearing @ 40,000(it was left with more life) and it costed me @ 5000. And after reading your post I immediately called Mr.Anish (of GARODIA FIAT, Kolkata)--he put me on hold,confirmed the price from price counter-------
    ------it is @5600/-(FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED ONLY-----CLUTCH PLATE+CLUTCH RELEASE BEARING--labour extra).

PUNTO & LINEA both are quite cheaper to maintain when compared within the segment(or even lower)---ASSURED/PROVEN.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2014 ---
    Just for another comparison---Cost of Headlight Assembly
    1)MARUTI WagonR(not STINGRAY)---@2099/-
    2)HYUNDAI Grand i10---@4000/-
    4)FIAT GRANDE PUNTO---@2340/-(when I changed a damaged one a year back)

So don't be:(,be:).
    NB:Cost of a single(L/R) headlight assembly,without labour.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    Aviral singh likes this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you a lot ,thank you so much ,but the guy said some sensor thing which has to be imported from Italy.but now feeling so relieved,I hope ever negative perception for the company should go away.:)
    And yes,that price comparison helps a lot and says a lot in its own.thnx
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh My family and I have had 4 fiats over the last 5-6 years. Spares costs have been very reasonable, they remain, as the recent Autocar spares cost survey shows, among the best in the industry. It's the opposite of the perception: Fiats have pretty low cost of ownership.

Of course: some rarer spares may require a bit of waiting, but that's it. Warranties are class-best too, by far. It is VERY rare for Fiat electricals/electronics/sensors to give trouble, believe me, as you would've noticed in reading ownership reviews here on TFi.

Don't worry, go for it! Did i remember to say 'Not to worry?' :)

BUT: do not expect perfection either: any car will over time develop a squeak here or a rattle there, in Indian conditions. I'd say Fiats will hardly ever give any trouble on what really counts: bodywork, paint, electricals, electronics, suspension, engine, alloys, brakes, clutch, durability, robustness.

Do a thorough PDI job, though, refer to the pdi thread here.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and sandipan_r15 like this.
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Okey ,thanx@ prabhjot,I will definitely do a thorough P.D.I before the delivery ,for sure,with the list in hand ,printed:).
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 6, 2014 ---
    Okey ,thanx@ prabhjot,I will definitely do a thorough P.D.I before the delivery ,for sure,with the list in hand ,printed:).
    sandipan_r15 and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

I had my clutch sensor replaced at TAFE for a few hundreds several years ago. I cant understand what was written. Strange.

Abdul
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    actually I just wrote what a random guy told me ,exuse:)