1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

should I buy fiat punto evo ???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aviral singh, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Once you buy a FIAT, you will enjoy it... And regarding the A$$, its only once in a year, you will have to give it for a regular service. So, I dont think, for 1 day in a year, you cannot let go the remaining 365 days of enjoyment.
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes,but just wanted to ask as a extensive user of punto,did the clutch ever worry you,I mean will i get adapted to it shortly ?
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    As Ghodlur said: the after sales service quality and spares ability have improved considerably since Fiat seperated from the Tata set-up, certainly from my experiences in Delhi and Gurgaon/faridabad, and from that of many others on this forum in many other cities. In fact, even in the Tata days things were NOT nearly as 'bad' as the hearsay would have you believe.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2014 ---
    Who knows about individual comfort levels, but the clutch though long-travel is the most butter-smooth, progressive and tactile in its segment (if I am not wrong).

A lot of things we notice, and like or dislike impressionistically at first glance or experience of a test-drive have little bearing on the real pleasures and liveability of a car. TD it, after some reading and research, several times if you have to. Don't go by half-baked and quarter-fried impressions and hearsay, is what i'd say. Of course, that applies to all cars.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  4. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Okey and whats an average service cost ,because it it remains 10-12 thousand for a service it will be good for dad also,he will not need to compare or say anything when paying service bill,I mean when a person goes for a service of his car or a bike,whatever the cost may be ,but when the jobs done and bill is paid,he should be content and satisfied and happy most importantly that his ride is again in a top notch condition ,I hope you all understand what I mean,:)
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aviral, here is my 2 cents(from my 52000 km of GP ownership & some study) so far as these 2 cars are concerned.

Other than the initial acceleration and MASS network there is not a single parameter where Swift can beat the EVO.

Safety
    --In GNCAPSwift body shell could not keep it integrity in case of 64 kmph frontal crash test--a portion fron NDTV in this regard--'For the Swift, analysis showed the crash-test-dummies having sustained near-fatal injuries, more so in the case of the driver. The car's structural integrity was also deemed as unstable.' Though India made EVO has not been tested yet but it will pass the test with ease.
    Search any thread/forum mags and u will find that not a single source is suspicious about the robust body shell of EVO.

GC---170mm for SWIFT against 185mm of EVO --go bad roading/no hump scrapping.

BOOT SPACE---204 ltrs for SWIFT against 280 ltrs for EVO.Go touring.

Ride Quality--Just test drive the 2 cars on some bad roads, u will know.

FEATURES--Other than the folding wing mirror of swift, EVO is way ahead and the list is literally endless and some of these are really intelligent/thoughtful like 'rear auto wiper'.

Wheels--16" if you opt for 90 HP EVO vs 15" of swift.

Engine guard--Real engine guard made of steel in case of EVO.

Just go for EVO, it has something you need to experience for yourself.
    EVO is a car in true sense not just a compilation of features on 4 wheels.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    limraj likes this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes,the ground clearence and the boot space is much more on a evo,and the space as I felt in the rear evo has much more and yes ,I sat on the rear bench of both the cars and when ,I sat on a evo,it certainly was much comfortable then a swift,and one more thing I when drove swift and applied breaks,the sales person sitting at the rear was again and again,shifted forward when I applied breaks and when I went on a huge bump type of a thing,punto was more stable,yes you said it right ,space is very less as compared to punto on swift.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Punto has a much longer service interval than say a swift or i20: once a year, and that's it. So, the cost of servicing and spares is pretty much best-in-class. Just see if you can get some feedback on this dealer's ASS work, some references, that's all. And/or: drop in to their workshop, meet the service manager...if you or your dad are unsure. Don't be paranoid, Fiat's ASS work on average nowadays is pretty decent and is improving further.
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Okey surely,this time when I visit showroom,it will be most probably this Sunday,and I will talk to service guys also .
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    EVO has a service interval of 15000 km against 10000 km of swift.
    And the regular service cost is nowhere near 10-12000 it is far well below that.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Service costs are monitored by Fiat. Things like billing and spares purchase is done online and even sales of components to customers is registered with Fiat. Everything is transparent as far as labour charges and spares cost is concerned. You do know that most serviceable parts are very reasonably priced and perhaps are lower than some Indian brands too, esp. if you consider the quality of components needed in the car. For the comfort the car provides the suspension is capable of taking a lot of beating, and usually even if you ignore it for quite some time, it really does not become too uncomfortable. That is also a part of the solid built quality.

Also, labour charges are stipulated by Fiat and always if any discrepancy is found Fiat officials do help promptly via email to direct FASC to take corrective actions if and when needed. You also have the extended warranty wherein if you do the car servicing on scheduled interval, you can be further covered for major component failures in any rare event.

And also the safety of the passengers is paramount and Fiat cars fare much better in these areas than most other manufacturers. At a later date if you want to you can also remap your car successfully, as has been opted for by many enthusiastic TFIans.

So what are your apprehensions now? Do let us know. We will try our best to answer them.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.