1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

should I buy fiat punto evo ???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aviral singh, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Aviral singh, good to see some progress made on your purchase.

I never knew that. Thanks for sharing such insights and I would also get the alignment done with first service. How much does it cost as FASS and outside, any pointers?
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I insist on alignment only when the steering is misalignment or feel any tend of pulling biasness(irrespective of kms done). Charges @ 600+ Rs at FASS.
  3. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    When I press the breaks there is this woosh woosh sound when I pump it multiple times ,then sound goes and then play of the break pedal Also decreases ,is it normal??
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Vishi likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh Why are you 'pumping it multiple times'?:p Sounds ok to me. If it brakes ok with good progression....it IS ok.

cheers
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No need to worry, just test it on a clear road. As Prabhjot suggests if braking is adequate then ignore the sound. If noise persists and brake pedal gets hard, get the brakes (booster) checked, in worst case may need replacement, under warranty as in your case.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    so this is what happens,when the car is parked and engine is switched off,then when i press the break pedal few time then that wooosh wooosh sound comes then goes off,and the break pedal becomes hard but when driving the car no sound niether the break pedal gets hard it,it works perfect then,and till now getting used to the blue and mee system,its very useful and userfriendly and absolutely no problem in pairing ,it takes only few seconds to pair and few more seconds to sync contacts ,and as i read somewhere on tfi only that you cant scroll through the songs from the music player ,you have to do the" NEXT" function or" previous" function from the steering wheel ,NO it can be done either ways,will update with picture when i go for a long drive tommorow ,as today here it was raining and it was raining on the day of delivery too,so had not got enough time to drive.but yes today went for a short drive of 40 km ,and got a mileage of 16km/l.:).will post pics as soon as possible.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

Great to hear. Hope your Fiat experience has now well-begun, and will remain interesting, enchanting and engaging. Congrats are finally in order, yes?

cheers, enjoy
    asimpleson likes this.
  8. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hardness of break padel is normal when the engine is off, even same with stearing wheel.
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aviral,that's absolutely normal as explained by P DASH.Congrats.Wish you years of trouble free ownership.Enjoy your EVO.
  10. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Aviral, what you are experiencing is the Servo assistance of the brakes which comes into play once ignition is on or Car is started and this is completely normal. You can confirm the same in other cars too.

Cheers.