1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

should I buy fiat punto evo ???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aviral singh, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Now on a new car I dont think my dad will allow to change new tyres,but just received a call from SA that the alignment has been done and the rear window glass has been fixed,tommorow will again go for second PDI this time very thorough one and if any issue I found now I will reject the car or even I will cancel my booking,what if i reject this car then again the car which i will recieve again will be perfectly okey ,these issues should not be there,and I think quality check of fiat is very poor,if they ignored such a very easily visible alignment problem.I hope you understand what I am feeling now.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Aviral singh, I would suggest to cancel this car if the second PDI doesn't go well. No point in living with the feeling of being shortchanged. If some problem, even if minor, develops later, you would feel very disturbed. However, with the experience you have gained, I am sure you can get yourself a new vehicle which satisfies you. Don't change your choice of the car, just go for a new one than the one you are doing PDI. Wishing you luck!!!
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @Saket Sidana,tommorow will again go and do a thorough PDI and if I feel any minor or very minor issue,I will ask them for a replacement ,but the problem is if I go for replacement and then on between the company increases the price of the car, then will I get the same discount or will I be charged separately , and one more thing my loan of Rs 3 lakhs have already been sanctioned ,so does that mean dealer has already got that money,or he will get when I will complete all formalities,if he has still not received any money ,I can straight away cancel the booking only.lot of complications,I never thought buying a car would be so hectic.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Aviral singh, you should strongly suggest the dealer that price shouldn't be increased for you since you booked it quite early and it's fault in the car which delayed it. If the dealer doesn't agree, write an email to Fiat Service and also post it on their facebook page. I am sure pricing would work out.
    Loan sanction doesn't mean that dealer has got the amount. So, no need to worry on that aspect.
    Cancellation: Don't postpone your joy. Just get yourself a new one. It's unfortunate that you got into these issues, but this won't be the case every time.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

Relax buddy, wait and see tomorrow. Post here if you have doubts tomorrow.

This is what PDI is for: afterall the car has left the factory ages ago, its been handled by different folks (loaders, transporters, dealer staff...) in different conditions (how do you think the car felt on its way by truck from Ranjangaon to Lucknow? Sick, i promise you! ;-)), you've yourself seen how it gets handled by low-paid near-illiterate dealer sales staff, they just do a chaaloo/jugaad naukri, as do the transporters, the (un)loaders, UP's Octroi police-mafia....

It does not follow that Fiat QC etc has an issue in general, you've read several recent buyers who've had no issues here on TFi like Saket, Mangesh, Raj_Pol, H Patil and Myself etc (and we are on TFi are only the vocal ones, what about the thousands of silently satisfied buyers and owners?)

Do a TOTAL PDI tomorrow and feel free to tell them off loudly, and on mail to Fiat (Mangesh) if still unhappy. In fact you could mail him tonight itself?

Remember: you can always refuse to accept this particular car, or a Fiat altogether. Chill, hotaa hai. It's your first time.....that too in dabangg UP ;-)

all the best

PS: IF the alignment is still off, have them rotate the tyres and check again. If fine now, then you should trade the brand new tyres in (no loss to you) for Michelins or Goodyears or some such. Apollo Alnacs are really good tyres for grip and durability etc but if they are having this issue...
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks prabhjot hoping for best.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2015 ---
    What is email I'd of mangesh .
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2015 ---
    What is the email id of mangesh .??
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 1, 2015 ---
    i dont know the email id of mangesh or any official whom to email,can anybody tell me the same?
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh It's listed on TFi, use 'search'. Just send an informing-you sort of note, for now? Follow-up with a stronger one tomorrow IF there still are issues. Or just wait for the PDI tomorrow.

cheers
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i searched it unable to find out.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com (i think)

Don't get anxious, dude. Do the Pdi again tomorrow. 'Manage your relations with the dealer/sales manager'! If they're saying the issues have been sorted out then wait and see/escalate tomorrow.

cheers
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Okey fine thanks but that email Id is dead ,anyways thank you for the info.