1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

should I buy fiat punto evo ???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aviral singh, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello guys,I am aviral singh,I have just completed my b.tech,going to buy a car ,this new year evening,I was just confused wether should i buy a fiat,if you guys can help me,I am going to book a punto evo emotion pack in two to three days,need some replies so that my mindset is clear.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For buying a car u need to be tough, but for buying a FIAT you need to be in love.

Punto is proved excellent car in all respect.

But I suggest, shortlist your requirements, take TD and decide.

Don't go by assumptions, take your own decisions.
    rishike007 and ghodlur like this.
  3. saptarshi.goswami

saptarshi.goswami Novizio

Pune
    Hi Aviral, I would suggest please shortlist cars you like, test drive those and decide. Don't go for FIAT blindly. I am sure you will get lots of oppose from friend and family. It's not like you buy a car and repent later.

But I am sure taking test drive of Evo will clear all your doubts. You start loving it. Take your parents along with you.

You must drive Evo to believe it.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aviral,you have said--'I am going to book a punto evo emotion pack in two to three days' and again you have said --'I was just confused'-please make it clear about your confusions so that other TFI-ans can help you.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Is safety,handling and ride are your priority you should buy a fiat punto.
    If resale value is in mind you should look at elite i20.
    For novelty you can have a look at zest and polo.
    Robin and prabhjot like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    "Should I buy a Fiat"; you certainly will more than once, more so if you've already owned one. I think most Fiat owners will agree with this. You really need to own one to know how different it is than an otherwise conventional Hyundai or Maruti.

Within premium space there is a brand called as SAAB, ask a SAAB 9-3 owner what or why he choose it over a Bimmer and he will tell you how he probably wouldn't love it more than a BMW even if he will appreciate it for what it is. Some things are just to be experienced and the joy of owning and using one is inexplicable. Just go for it.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Cannot think of ANY reason why not! Go for it, no doubts, if the dealer gives you confidence. I say this only because i know nothing about the Lucknow dealer.

cheers man, all the best
    Aviral singh likes this.
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    P darsh,
    Yes I have shortlisted three vehicles when I started my research ,and actualy according to my dads budget i had only two choices ,fierst was the swift ,which i have been following from around 2 months,infact i burnt maximum of my mobile data on it only,read all the reviews over the net,and i have test driven two cars till date

1.the swift facelifted one,and
    2.the punto evo.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2014 ---
    and yes,my father has many times said to me that go for the swift or even polo,but then i have driven both the cars,but first i drove the punto,actually before this i was driving a car 2 years before,i had a zen lxi ,so when i drove punto i felt it to be very smooth and yes steering was tooo good,but then when first TD i did,i was in slippers and in a short drive of say,around 4 km i,my ankle started paining,its clutch is too long,as comparing to wat i felt in the swift ZDI ,which i drove later that same day in evening,but yes ,as i was from many days reading reviews about the punto evo,i personally observed the built of swift and punto are very different,the swift has a very thin door sheet metal and really i clearly felt the difference, and that is the main reason,i am just you can say have 85 % decided to book a punto ,i like the design the most,but if you all guys who own a punto ,could if tell me ,what it feels like owning this beautiful car,and as i have already ignored two things of punto ,over the swift,the pick up in the first and second gear of swift,it is very fast as compared to wat i felt, and shifting of gears was very smooth really,now see i dont know what to do, i am more worried about service and all ,but the sales executive have assured me,that there will be no problem later on,and yes to add on,one friend of my father have imformed him ,that most the parts are italian,so difficulty in getting it,so all punto owners,please give me many reasons that i can give to my dad,so that later on he will be happy
    now i think i have already written so much,u can easily make out how confused i am ;).
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2014 ---
    prabhjot,actually there is one dealer classic fiat ,on internet it shows two,but i have not researched much on dealer,because its the major dealer so i f i will buy i will buy from here only.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Most parts are made in India, and are of good quality. In fact, they are reasonably priced, better than most if not all competitors. In fact, the whole car is very very well-priced for the quality of engineering, suspension, body work, driver information system, and fitments (eg., head and tail lamps). A clear cut above not just the Swift but equal or better than even the Polo and certainly the new i20.

The car's heavy so it does not shoot off the standstill, though it more than makes up in-gear (from 20 to 80, or 40 to 100) where it (the diesel) is a champion. Fiat engines open-up a lot after a few thousand kms, and once you get used to its power band/revs you'll get no insipid feeling even in gears 1 and 2.

Check the dealer out a bit...and feel VERY free to go for it, man! :)
    Aviral singh likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Aviral singh

Let me more blunt. Punto is widely regarded as an enthusiast car whereas Swift is the mango people's first choice for valid reasons of wide service network, easy spares availability, quicker acceleration in the first two gears and buttery gear shift. But the actual car's performance begins after the first two gears. Punto scores over swift in handling, ride quality and tank like body, add to that drop dead gorgeous looks, tell your dad about that. Technologically Punto is ahead over swift with the list of features like B&M, follow me lamps etc. The choice is now yours whether you want to have a different presence felt on the road or be amongst the swarm of Swifts seen on the road.

Going by the recent developments, Fiat is slowly but surely making its presence felt by increasing the dealership, workshops and improving the customer relationship. It will take time to reach MS standards but the approach is positive. There will always be negative comments about Fiat such as resale value, poor spares availability and all. The most important thing is will you & your family enjoy the drive in Punto or in swift. For traveling between point A and B, there are always lot of options.

PS: In no way I am advertising for Punto, just stating simple facts being a Punto owner myself.
    limraj and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.