1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should Fiat start focusing on enthusiasts?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Jul 4, 2014.

?

Should Fiat start focusing on enthusiasts?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Hello Fiat lovers,
    I love fiats, as I'm sure you do too otherwise you wouldn't be here. We all know that Fiat has not been able to crack Indian market even though they have the best cars in there stable. Is it a bad idea for Fiat to start focusing on the enthusiast segment and bring out cars more frequently in India. For example 1.6 MJD and may be Punto T-Jet. Few months back there was no choice in Indian market if you wanted to buy a car that is great to drive. The enthusiast segment in India is growing. Now companies like VW are bringing in there more cars focused on enthusiasts and lets face the fact Polo TSI is a very good car and even though Punto is a very good car it is still underpowered and that has been said from day 1 since punto launched. Linea T JET is a very good car but not so far in future there are gonna be lot of options and Fiat will be left behind if they don't do something about it. Bring new powerful cars, Better fit and finish , Brand image of a company that cares about how it cars perform on tarmac, so people don't say silly things about its cars.We have been hearing about 1.6 MJD from such a long time. How long do they expect a person to wait before they bring there cars to India. I think its there last chance to get there head out of there a** and do something. What do you think how fiat can change their future in India so they can keep bringing great cars to India and we can enjoy them.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just wait for Abarth product to settle down properly in India, and then see how so called 'Enthusiasts' reacts to these products.
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A company cannot survive by just focussing on enthusiasts. It has to be a mixture of products. And also remember that Fiat is bashed more by the enthusiasts in other forums.
    3 people like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat should not be focusing only on enthusiasts. Not all persons are enthusiasts they should instead focus more on brand building, advt, footprints in more area and new products.
    2 people like this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat should give customization option which they are offering in UK market. Buyer can configure the car during the purchase.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was not an enthusiast before buying FIAT. But now i am proud to say i am. As pabhishek told, FIAT should first capture the market, build customer base and in turn increase the enthusiasts and it would be wise to target them afterwards. So, launching a car for enthusiasts should be considered in a mature market, which FIAT is still struggling to accomplish.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Performance Enthusiasts or Automotive Pundits will shut up and take note only when Fiat comes full-fledged with a range of products that boast of design, technology and manufacturing prowess. Bring in Lancia brand models like the Thema, Delta, Voyager too along-with Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Maserati models in more showrooms flaunting the Fiat banner on top (at least to showcase some of them). Jeep Wrangler, Dodge-SRT-RAM and such are products with little to no effect on these cars' DNA, design, and manufacturing. So Lancia and such are better bet to showcase and sell in premium segments. These later brands are just US acquisitions.

A lot is assumed from mass prejudice about Fiat in India and abroad by the so called Automotive Pundits and reviewers. This has to change and more sooner than later and solely is in the hands of Fiat. There is surely a long term international strategy of Fiat Spa for emergent markets but what only time will prove ?
    The chinese markets too have a special need of products and marketing that differs from the rest of the world.

Not a bad idea at all. Except one addition is that the selection of materials should be done with extreme care. The lowest options for leather/fabric upholstery should be compelling enough for customer to leave other brand options.
    Also Europe-UK or US markets are way too different in terms of their needs and expectations. Maybe in Europe it has moderate to good success, but in US markets Fiat is still a very low key player. Also, there are equal no. of Fiat haters in this world as there are in India; a vague hypothesis after surfing all around the web. :)
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat should not and will not cater to only enthusiasts unless and until making, selling and servicing such product is profitable. If it is not profitable, I dont see any business sense in catering only to a niche segment.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To cater to the enthusiasts, fiat brand already has some sub brands like ferrari and they ve also told that all alfa romeos from now on will be rear wheel drive and an alfa will be there in every segment to compete with the germans, and will be pure drivers/enthusiasts cars(it always is, but now even better ) .
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap,
    ^^ Very true, that should not be the focus. But niche customers who buy products don't mind spending that much on service and spares. And volumes for such cars are not sold for service being a challenge, besides they don't mind spending huge in RSAs also on collectibles. There are showrooms of Porsche and Volvo in select area in Mumbai. Apart from Cayenne, I hardly see any Volvo cars, still the showcase is there for all these years.

I believe, the common man's perception relies a lot on these gimmicks. Like I said, atleast showcasing some of them won't hurt.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014