1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should Fiat Setup a Technical Support System?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Viny, Mar 7, 2011.

?

Should Fiat Setup a Technical Support System?

1. YES

17.2%
  2. NO

82.8%
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yes there is inherent risk of getting technically challenged person, but then given the designation and special cell I atleast expect him to be better than many local TASS guys. And he could come handy in getting some second opinions on a given situation. How many times we feel, if I could get a second opinion who knows more about the stuff or we like to engage in technical discussion with someone who understands what we are talking about.

Even if the person handling this department doenst have knowledge, he can speak to people internally who are developing this stuff and get back to us with some information. Unlike our mechanics of service advisors who surrenders to scenario.
  2. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Voted Yes.

Even if its not possible / feasible for Fiat to have a set up for Technical Support then ....
    Fiat Italy must have maintained a database for the various problems faced by their customers and the remedies. The question now is how to use this database - may be they can publish it to all or only to its customers or to TASC.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    voted yes... but i think TFI is best technical place available :wow
  4. Voted YES.
    Nice to see such a wish list....I am not pessimistic here but knowing FIAT well, this will only be a paper dream.

Why do we need FIAT to set up a technical team when we have amazing brains in our own forum ::T
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Also, it would be goof if FIAT maintain local warehouse in metro cities. Which mean parts should be delivered through local warehouse. Like north India should be covered through Delhi and one another city.

Comon Fiat, do something extra ordinary like ur cars.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Extremely needed. TATA persons are not fully illegible to take care of FIAT Cars.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I feel it would further help to have consumer and SA/technician on same thought line. Otherwise at times there are things which FIAT recommends and we as TFIans knows but the SA/technician doesn't know, we can ask the SA/technician to talk to technical support channel for confirmation of what we are saying.

My SA never believed that CSC could fail and that FIAT is offering free replacement, similarly he never agreed that something like complete AC Kit replacement has been started, he said this cannot be true and was not willing to accept until I asked Product Manager (Linea) to intervene, which was done via Magnesh.

And no one at my service center knows that Blue and Me takes audio commands and didnt belive that i would play next song on my command or will dial out phone for me :p God forbids if something goes wrong with Blue and Me, I am gonna have serious pain to get it fixed..given the state of technicians knowledge.
  8. Badly need one..My vote is YESSSSSS
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Very tough to implement practically & quite risky for any manufacturer as mentioned earlier.

Anybody would prefer to do the diagnosis only after looking at the car & the issue. Remote assistance like in IT is practically difficult without looking at car. Many a times the cause of the issue is found to be completely different than what is technically suggested without looking at car. Imagine the call center giving X solution & SA/ TASC after duly verfied found that the solution is completely different. Manufacturer could end up having more conflicts than resolutions. This is the challenge particularly for small small queries. However, it could work for major items like CSC replacement, AC upgrade etc. But isn't Fiat already having call center which can do this ?

Think about RSA - they try to understand & solve the issue on phone & if not possible even they ask the technician to come to your place & check the car.

From Manufacturer perspective, more important & priority is to provide such a setup/ facility to its Service team / SA/ TASC rather than consumers (enlightening consumers on technical service knowledge could be risky for manufacturer for it could lead to arguments & conflicts).
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    TATA's technical team are sh*t ....they are complete noobs when it comes to sumthing complicated or give vague explainations if they have to satifsy the customer..they 90% take the customer for a ride..have seen it with my own eyes while fooling a vista owner..phew a sad state indeed...there shud be a FIAT technician at all TASS supported with a 24/7 tech online/phone support too..