1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Should Fiat Setup a Technical Support System?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Viny, Mar 7, 2011.

?

Should Fiat Setup a Technical Support System?

1. YES

17.2%
  2. NO

82.8%
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hi Friends,

I many times found that the service assistants at TASS are not technically competent to answer many technical queries as they are not aware of those fine details. Be it like naming a given fuse code or asking if the front windshield is tinted or not. There could be many such small small queries which many of us might be having in mind but for them we dont get a satisfactory answers at TASS or even at TFI. Thus my question is Should Fiat Setup Technical Support System? Where people can call in to get right views, suggestions and technical assistance directly from someone who knows in and out of the car.

Ideally I would like to see a web ticket system too, where all the questions and answers to same are available to all. Which in long run would turn out to be a good FAQ too.
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Viny,

They should have it !

Atul
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Voted for 'Yes' option. It is very much needed.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :up Yes this is a good to have thing, or should I say Must have system considering the technological complexity of Punto and Linea with respect to competition.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It will make a big difference in quality of service. At least FIAT should think of setting up their own team instead of TATA's dedicated FIAT team. This will build confidence in customers.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Great to hear your replies guys, if we can make good vote count here, and then forward the same to Mangesh etc to look into, then probably they would be compelled to take actions.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    it depend on what model they implement for technical support. its good as well as risky too. if fiat puts bunch of idiot ladies/gentlemen who just refer to the document on the PC to search the relevant remedy then its risky.
    and i dont think fiat can put engineers on the technical call centre.

i remember a very funny incidence when i was chatting with technical customer care for my wifi. whenever i typed in the problem all he did was searched in the standard documents given to them and copy paste from there. i gave up did my own r&d on google and solved it myself.

the modern cars are so complex that the customer care might end up resigning after hearing our questions. and also there are chances that they end up in wrong trouble shooting and causing more problems.
  8. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Absolute yes. With well trained technicians, this could be real useful.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Voted for yes

Even a group of few well trained technicians providing support via call-centre kind of setup makes a lot of difference.

This might even be one-off a kind setup to help consumers. I have experienced few technicians hit bulls-eye as soon as they listen to the problem. Few are there who look at 101 different things but unable to resolve the issue :A

Thanks
    Vasu
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I agree :uh
    Also I am not expecting an online support similar to what we see elsewhere. I had this support scenario in mind when I suggested long back that some one from Fiat technical team could be made to monitor the technical section of TFI and pitch in with his suggestions and diagnostics only when needed. The response for a query need not be immediate, it could pass on to the concerned expert and a reply made within say 24 to 72 hours should be good enough, heck even a week is fine for really complicated issues.