1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Short First and Second Gears

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Janarthana S K, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi All,
    I had driven a Punto Evo Emotion 1.3 MJD (75 BHP) and found the very short 1st and 2nd gears to be annoying. I wanted to know if it was any better in the 90 BHP version. The short first gear was still ok as I thought that was the case with many other cars too, but in the 75 BHP version, this combined with the very short second gear was more annoying. It meant I would have to quickly shift to 3rd gear where the car could really take off.

I want to know how it is in the 90 BHP version.
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    See drivability in first two gears is a bit better in 90 hp.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    90 HP has short 1st gear(like 75 HP) but 2nd gear is longer than 75 HP.
  4. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Can you please share the rpm vs speed data for first and second gear for different Rpms like 1750, 2500, 3000? Please share your actual numbers for both 75 bhp and 90 bhp. That will greatly help in deciding on my next car.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 9, 2016 ---
    Hi,
    It will be great if someone can share information like this. Thanks in Advance.

- Janarthana S K

rpm_speed.gif
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 9, 2016 ---
  5. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Can you guys share the information I had requested for? Is it available in the internet anywhere?
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    See in EVO 75 2nd gear is taller. In EVO 90 is similar to prev GP 75 or 90 with shorter 1st and 2nd gears.

New Punto EVO 75 has much better gearing than EVO 90
  7. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @bharathj85 that contradicts what Turbothingy told. I also found the first 2 gears very short in Punto Evo 75.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Actually the 1st gear in 75 HP Punto evo is taller than that of grand Punto (and 90 hp)which makes it slightly better for city condition. But the 2nd gear is almost similar in both 75 hp and 90 HP models, but I feel that 90 HP is taller.
    bharathj85 likes this.