1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shopping thread (Offers,Discounts,Freebies,etc)

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 29, 2011.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes don't know about smuggling, :) but there was a hue and cry from shop owners in all segments, from garments, shoes to other essential good also that lots of business is getting diverted to online retail. Why cannot these people unite and create a better purchase front and pass on the effects to the customers. The worst part is government is promising to look into this matter and god knows do what..? On one side we feel empathy towards shop owners, but really is it not against customer benefits to curtail online business in any way.

Also don't some shopkeepers businesses give huge discounts (some times at short term loss) and come-up with schemes to lure away significant portion of buyers to their shops, just to create a brand in the customers mind. No one goes to the government then..?
    sathishgv likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Bala @asimpleson

The overheads of mortart & brick stores is very large as compared to online retailers. Plus they cant reach to the customers as the Online guys can. If they start selling at a discounted rate to match online prices, they will run into heavy losses which is bad for them, so they are dragging along till the time they can and they have their own loyal customer base. Once things go out of hand they will have to simply resign to their fate.

To a certain extent we as common people are also responsible for the shop's state of affairs. Becoming couch potatoes and ordering at a click of a button has become the norm of the day. I remember in my childhood or till my college days going out for grocery or vegetable shopping used to be a fun in itself, gone are those days.
    sathishgv likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Businesses have always perished when they could not give up old styles or create a niche or had some usp even if working by older ways and standards. Even wholesalers have understood that they have to offer better rates so consumers will flock to them. Even they have started depot sales and created small malls or Big Central Shops in some places, offering better rates and buying experiences than bigger full-fledged malls.

Well not entirely, some of us still buy goods from the local stores and also grocery shop etc. It isn't always fun ;) but I get your point. Many businesses or shop owners have pessimistic attitude towards customers and business as a whole. It shows in the way they deal with you and others standing besides you. Online saves you from such negativity and gives you more time to gloat over a product or service which you can have ample of time as per your convenience and procrastinate over dozens of time. Atleast it gives you the feeling of having made an informed choice. :hilarious: The choice for example is more than any single shop could offer and pricings are more updated and relevant for the most part if not always.

So the question is why would anyone spend time traveling and perhaps on fuel and standing in que before shopkeeper attends you. (sometimes not even bothering if you have been standing there or leaving the counter). I would surely feel more comfortable to buy a mobile phone for example from the local shop. But when it comes to warranty even for a few days old product many of them will direct you to the company. So really, what value addition does it offer, except maybe if one is not comfortable with online shopping at all.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Jopasu duster is again available at snapdeal.com now for those who need.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Bala thanks for the information but my bad luck I missed it both the times. Large combo is now available at Rs 1113 on ebay. And snapdeal price for only duster is 602. That is high again so will have to wait again.

Interested more on large combo.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Don't worry Himanshu,the sale will get repeated till Diwali. I will post information when ever that happens.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Received Jopasu duster tonight,it was ordered on 8th.,3 days is quite quick.
    Packing was good.
    So,snapdeal.com is another good option after flipkart.com and amazon.

MRP on the pack is Rs.699, COD was Rs.399.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Amazon has started Diwali sale from 10th to 16th Oct. Those interested, check out.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Use coupon code EBAYDDLS20 to get 20% off here and get it for Rs 481.6. The ebay store is of jopasu

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Jopasu-Car-D...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item1c426f9066