1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shopping thread (Offers,Discounts,Freebies,etc)

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Agree Ramesh, but I do need the duster :),but it is highly unprofessional on the part of Snapdeal to quote one price and charge another that too a steap 40 percent more.I couldn't believe that they can do this daylight robbery.I again checked the price by opening the page and it was still displaying the original price Rs.299.
    I wrote my experience for others to be careful even if it is little money.
    Yes flipkart and Amazon are more professional.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2014 ---
    Yes, simpleson, Today's deal and it is over.
    No, there was no shipping charges, it is free.
    There were mough watering deals, Iphone 5c @20k,5s @ 24k,Ipad mini @13k, etc
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I was looking the whole day at Snapdeal, since new offers arrive every hour and there were good offers on head units, amplifiers and speakers too.I thought shopkeepers would buy them and sell at original price.
    After reading your link,I can take solace that it was not snapdeal alone to display one price and charge another, Flipkart has done that too.
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I feel the sale was more like that of a flight ticket. The earlier the cheaper. As the time went by the cost started increasing.

The jopasu duster that is being mentioned, I saw it for 399 and got it for 399. Did not know that the price was cheaper before.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have lost all respect that I had for Flipkart after this marketing (?) gimmick. Now, I will have to weigh both Snapdeal and Flipkart on the same scale.
  6. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    I managed to grab a Redmi 1s today :)
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Just FYI Flipkart reportedly made 1 cr USD worth of sale in yesterday's gimmick. Either they must be extremely smart or the buyers must be extremely stupid. It was a known fact that Flipkart had hiked the cost of most products a couple of days before the sale and then reduced it yesterday making people believe they got a great bargain (& this is not the case of sour grapes).

Snapdeal did offer some interesting deals yesterday to counter Flipkart but their pathetic delivery fame put me off from buying anything.

@Bala Even I am planning to buy Jopasu Car care kit & directly contacted the Jopasu dealer in Thane who will home deliver the large combo pack for 1.1K.
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    This is the price quoted by ebay also for large combo. The flipkart is providing 1 combo of Rs 810, I think it a small combo. Its better to buy from Jopasu then.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Himanshu,

Flipkart doesnt sell Jopasu car care products. It is available only on E-bay or Snapdeal.
  10. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3