1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shopping thread (Offers,Discounts,Freebies,etc)

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    With a 3 years subscription of the magazine-Autbild India costing Rs.2,950(20%discount on the cover price),you get a JVC Car audio costing Rs.7,500 absolutely free:D
    2 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Have any one bought something from Times of India magazine,by ordering over phone and paying by cash on delivery??.Can we trust,how to pay for something with out knowing what's inside the package?.Also.why is it a third party vendor warranty and not manufacturer warranty?,how does the courier boy to whom we pay the cash send it to the company??
    1 person likes this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am surprised that there were no responses to your first post. The JVC offer was wonderful. :)

No idea about Times of India shopping. My senior had once bought one MP3 player from them using the cash on delivery method. There were no issues.

OT- I have bought three PS3 videogames from Flipkart and the experience wrt to delivery has been good in all cases, with cash on delivery in all cases.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Since you buy videogames, Landmark sells used or pre-owned games. They are normally available for half the price. You can open and check if the disc is in good condition and buy one. I bought a few for my Xbox 360 and they are pretty good
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Ashik,that was a good offer-JVC audio but that's gone long back and the current offer is some trolley bags.
    Regarding shopping,if any one intends to buy electronic stuffs,one should go to Bangkok,the cost difference will fetch the tour cost!,things are unbeleivably cheap in Thailand and Indian rupee has so much value in that country and one can buy with rupees itself in places like Indhira market,Thailand is a shopper's paradise,better than much hyped duds like Dubai and Singapore.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    The SE mobile was ordered over phone,was delivered in a week,cash was paid on delivery,but the Mobile did not work!!!.
    The charger was delivered as broken,even with another charger the mobile could not be charged,some think loose at the jack area.With what ever charge that was available in the battery,we took a snap and the PQ of the 8 MP camera was splendid,we are in love with the mobile,only thing,it cannot be charged and hence does not work!
    Contacted the after sales no.they asked me if I wanted a replacement or a cancellation,I asked for cancellation,since there is no gaurantee that the replaced piece will have no fault.Even otherwise the fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired(just like a Fiat car!),one would not buy it in a store,with so many bubbles in the screen and poor quality plastics!(seems to have been made by the chinese among chinese!,even though it's an accepted fact all the SE mobiles are China make)
    The reason for the 60% discount from 24 k to 10 k,it's a 2009 make,may be factory seconds.So,people,where ever there are discounts,there are reasons!!!
    Now,the process of cancellation begins and return of the 10 k via DD awaited,shall keep posted.
    The first online purchase has gone sour,now it seems better to buy things in shops,thought it may be old school!
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Ordered a Laptop from ebay for 25K. Asus A43SJ
    Specs-
    4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 14" LED SCREEN,1GB NVIDIA GT520 GRAPHICS CARD, ETC :)
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Purchased Motorola XOOM from Flipkart for Rs 23k last month. Got it in 3 days. Flipkart is perhaps the best site for online shopping in India.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    hoopos.com great site for kids items. Got some funskool board games. Service is as good. But flipkart delivery is always within the stipulated time.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    What the hell is wrong with Flipkart?? I ordered a DVD and the expected delivery date was 6th February 2012 and now today is 9th Febuary... and still not got the DVD!