1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shootout – Volkswagen Polo vs Fiat Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    There is always one thing that all these magazines say to which I disagree.
    I don't understand how can a Polo be purchased even if you go by your head. Hardly VFM, Less Spacious, Less Refined, Expensive to Maintain!
    Be it the heart or the head, Punto pulls all the right strings!!
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It's a VW na. No matter if its spares cost a bomb. Or if it has a tractor engine. Its a VW. German quality! That's the mindset which is deeply ingrained in our people.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

A very true judgement. They had given almost 99 % justice. Kudos.
  4. That is a really a true comparison all FIAT owners feel proud to own such a master piece
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Just imagine, my cousin spend 9000/- for the 1st free service at 6000km for a Polo petrol. We can call the maintenance of VW as "Fukushima service", bomb is too little a description, it is more of a nuclear disaster.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    One more point is that VW dont offer a single free servicing on their cars.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  7. Oh, I did not know that.
    Regarding performance Vento seems to do very well with acceleration and very little turbo lag, but engine is more noisier than Linea,I was wondaring why polo is sluggish in performance?is it three pot motor?
  8. Polo is 3 cylinder TDI engine Vs Punto 1.3 have 4 cylinder Multijet. when you drive Polo on highway and have speed breaker you change the gear low down the speed below 20km/hr, then the turbo kick at 2500rmp below that it won`t even more.. and if you don`t have driver height adjustment on car, driving bumper to bumper is very difficult. the seats are very low.. its good for highway but city traffic people drive bumper to bumper i feel so.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

We can't really say that the Multijet performs better than the TDI because it has one extra cylinder.

The Multijet displaces only 50cc more than the TDI. And the MJD also suffers from turbo lag. Even in the Linea, which has a VGT.

It's all down to how the turbo is implemented in the engine.

10. TDI technology no more exists in polo it's CRDI I or II but not sure why people still badge it as TDI