1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shock absorbers

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Deepak R, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What type of shock absorber is used in GP??? Is it a gas charged or a normal one??
  2. Ranjan R

Ranjan R

Bangalore
    As far as my knowledge goes, its gas filled, thats why we get the thud niose at the rear shocks when we speed on a rather sharpish speed bump.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After my recent trip when i been to whole body wash... i found the broken plastic from the left shock-abs.
    the plastic look like the below white colored(the snap is just for the kind of reference,will post the actual snap within few days,i'm unable to find the broken plastic)
    when been to TASS and asked/shown him the broken plastic, he immediately told me its the shock-abs bushing which holds the rubber(spring kind) to avoid the dust and assured nothing to worry.
    When i asked him to fit the new one,he replied the part doesnt comes as spare and your labor charge will be more as we need to pull out the whole assembly of shock-abs from its postion and fit it.
    so since one week running my car in the same postion,nothing weird in dynamics till now.i will be happy if experts throw some suggestions ?

13599.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012