1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SHIVANASAMUDRA FALLS - UNPLANNED 1 DAY TRIP

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by pra.agar, Aug 15, 2016.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    As this weekend being a long weekend, people had plans from weeks back, and me being busy with my work couldn't plan up anything. A friend of mine kept calling and I was just so busy couldn't give him a definite answer. Enjoyed my Saturday relaxing, and Just when It was Sunday Morning, and I just had this feeling "WTH, Lets Go Someplace!", and that's when I called my Friend and we decided to Start in an Hour. We wanted to keep it a single day trip, that's when we picked SHIVA SUNDARAM FALLS and decided to visit only 2 places, Bharachukki and Gaganachukki Falls.

Our Journey started at 11 AM, and reached Gaganachukki Falls at around 03:20 PM with a short Brunch break at MTR. Must of the drive was two-lane freeway but just few kilometers before the falls there are bridge where One-way vehicle can pass at a time.

IMG_6397.JPG

IMG_6398.JPG

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6406.JPG

One of the first Hydro-electric Power stations in Asia, which was set up in the year 1902.

IMG_6407.JPG

IMG_6408.JPG

IMG_6409.JPG

IMG_6410.JPG

After spending ~1 hour, we started for Bharachukki Falls and reached there by 4:40 PM. The drive to Bharachukki also includes bridge with One-way vehicle at a time. I believe entry to the view point closes by 5 PM so we were lucky to reach on time(as per local people). Just ~3 KM before the view point people could access the river, being able to enjoy boating and Bathing.

NOTE : Due to an accident few months back people are not allowed to climb down( 100 steps - From the view point to the nearest point to fall), I heard it should re-open in a Month (Not Sure).

IMG_6429.JPG

IMG_6430.JPG

IMG_6432.JPG

IMG_6433.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6436.JPG

IMG_6437.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

IMG_6452.JPG
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    PradeepM and KPR like this.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    The best part was the 10 Mins Rain, that made it just what we wanted most, Beautiful ( including the crowd to vanish ;) :p :D). I think this Pic's can justify my feeling now.

IMG_6470.JPG

IMG_6471.JPG

IMG_20160814_170919.jpg

IMG_20160814_170922.jpg

We started for Bengaluru at 6:30 PM and reached by ~10 PM.
  3. Jagadeesh Gowda

Jagadeesh Gowda Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Pra.Agar, Very nice pictures , hope you had great time. I noticed you spelled the title wrong , can you please correct it , the place is 'SHIVASAMUDRA'.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Jagadeesh. Mi bad.
    I don't think I can edit it.

Mods: can you please rename the post title and a text in first post from Shiva Sundaram to Shivasamudra.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk