1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better to stay out from additive laden diesel.it might affect the exhaust system primarily the catalytic converter on prolong use
  2. Jayv

Jayv Timido

Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    If engine is more responsive and noise free(sounding refined) that should mean less wear and tear. Blue tinge in diesel is from kerosene, diesel is supposed to be neutral without blue/ yellow tinge. Most of the pumps here in Pune dispense blue diesel and hence I stick to shell (non-blue) even if i get 1 kmpl lesser.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  3. Jankit

Jankit Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.4
    I just checked with FIAT support team and shell suppot team via email. Fiat said to contact service engineer. Shell said that any fuel in india whether it is fiat or not fiat, comes with additives. This is the only factor which makes each fuel separate. They give this link to see - http://www.stp.com/products/fuel-additives I believe it should be fine with MJD. Any thoughts?
  4. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I started filling up at Shell since 2 years and have not seen mileage drop as yet... As mentioned in my previous post, I did feel the engine smoother (maybe because I moved from BP to Shell) and eagerness.
    Since Shell is the norm for me, I am used to it. I still get around 18 in city and ~21 in highways. Nowadays, I never bother to look at the price difference. Its always Shell for me
  5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I used to fill up at HP bunks religiously before. In TN the quality of diesel is not upto the mark and felt that pickup is not that great. I then tried shell and pickup is really good. Now I am filling only from shell / COCO. Rather than fearing additives and fill adulterated diesel its better to opt for shell and enjoy driving!
  6. amitshedha

amitshedha Amatore

Pune
    Quite surprising as I always see mileage drop by 1-1.5 kmpl with shell. Maybe I should try some other shell pump in Pune.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Even I see a drop of 1-1.5 km/ltr with Shell. I normally fill from the following pumps in Pune:

1) Shell Wakad (Pune-Mumbai Highway)
    2) HP Kalyani Nagar
    3) Shell Mundhwa
    4) HP Shivaji Nagar (University Road)

So HP gives slightly more FE but Shell makes it more fun to drive :p.