1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    So what differen between Shell diesel and IOC diesel if they are comin from same refinery.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ideally quality of normal Petrol/Diesel should be same across all brands you name it.
    The difference should be with the Premium Fuels(Speed/Power).
    But yes that is if we are in a ideal world but each Fuel Pump owner has his own recipe of Petrol/Diesel and it is we who has to choose between the better out of the worst. :dead:
    I would visit Shell pump just hoping they haven't played around with the original ingredient and for the Service also we like to hear "Namastay" once a wile don't we :angelic:
    EvoArun, kedarbendre and zenwalker like this.
  3. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Full tank in Shell for my 90hp evo.. The engine sounds very calm now. I have to check the FE yet but I am very happy to have filled diesal in Shell pump near Gopalan mall in OMR. it 55.50 rupees per litre in Shell bangalore. what about the other pumps?
  4. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I regularly fill at Shell. Engine noise barely noticeable and getting 15.5 kmpl in city and 19+ on highway
    EvoArun likes this.
  5. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    I agree that the engine noise is better but there is definite drop in FE. I have done 3 tank fulls at shell and can vouch that the mileage is lesser by more than 1kmpl.
  6. Jayv

Jayv Timido

Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have been using shell diesel on and off for a few years now. Engine noise is lowered and a slight increase in the engine response.

Check the colour of the diesel and avoid the pump if blue.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Is there mileage drop using Shell Diesel observed by others as well?
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes @whitepunto76 there will be around 1-2 kms drop in kmpl compared to ioc or bp.... but with less engine noise and u can feel the smoothness compared to other fuels.....

Just want to check with all GURUs out there... Is this bcoz shell comes with some additives?
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    For the first time, I filled my tank with Shell diesel. The engine feels more responsive, but yes at the cost of FE which has dropped by 1-2 kms/ltr. But I am loving the engine response and its sporty sound. Does the normal shell diesel also has additives?? I am thinking of sticking to shell for sometime, but if it does have additives, then I would like to go back to normal diesel, as its written in the manual that MJD needs only normal diesel.
  10. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Turbothinghy somewhere i remember i read that... Shell comes with some additives. GURUs shud confirm.
    Even I had that idea of sticking to shell for sometime then i dropped that.
    Yessss u r right driving feeling is completely different.....