1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yess.. by using Shell diesel there is 2-3 KM dip in FE, most of the times I use IOC and it gives me better KMPL.....
    jumu likes this.
  2. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have been using shell diesel for my new 90 hp. But would require your expert advise if its worth spending the extra 4 rupees?
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Bro, its very difficult to give a clean chit on such matters. There are many users who would vouch for Shell diesel and there are quite a few like me included who dont fall for the hype of Shell. The decisions are purely based on personal experiences. You have to fill a few tanks of Shell diesel, drive your car, listen to the engine noise, the feel on acceleration and FE. It also depends on the climate of your area. After the shell experience, you should try out the OMC products. Do it back to back. Settle on oil company ,the one that ticks the right boxes as per your expectation.

Abdul
    Raj_pol and EvoArun like this.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Where are you from? In Bangalore the difference is 40 paisa. I doubt if the difference for diesel is Rs 4 anywhere in India.
    EvoArun likes this.
  5. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Raj_pol
    It was 57 rupees 2 days back in shell bangalore.. I am yet to fill diesel in other bunks in the city. So I apologize if I got the difference wrong.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @EvoArun I always fill from shell next to my office and yeah the difference will be at the most 50 paise since the time I purchased my car (last Sep). So yes for that little difference you will get mental peace - at the least they will never cheat on the quantity filled. Also more civilized than a lot of other pumps.
    EvoArun likes this.
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Diesel what you get there is normal diesel sourced from BPCL(Mangalore refinery) for B'lore and also IOCL PSU for other regions.
    It's only that the guys working there are courteous and deal with you full respect which many of our Indian PSU attenders don't think of.

We do need to be respected for having spent our money for buying a commodity rather then they treating you as if you have no place to go.
    EvoArun and Raj_pol like this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A small correction @Anup. Its MRPL which supplies to Shell.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I fill Shell in my 90HP since long time. Engine noise gone now drastically however there is drop in mileage but I am ready compromise on mileage front but I dont adulterated diesel for my car.

In Pune Shell diesel price is Rs. 58.05/ liter in PMC area and it will little less in out of octrai area.
    EvoArun likes this.
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even though all the Fuel truck load comes from Mangalore, Shell sources a part of its fuel from BPCL as well. It was on papers when Shell returned back after it was in a verge of closure in India.