1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @All
    FCA had initially asked me to refer "Owners Manual".
    After insisting again in mail, they have given their reply as below. (Still only a quote from Owners handbook, its Cetane & not "cetin")
    If we need to probe further on why Engine is smooth after using Shell, we might have to reply further to this mail. But I am not confident that they will reply for that. Probably we have to mail to SHELL on that ;):D
    - CM
    ======================================
    Dear sir,
    Thank you for your communication, with regards to your query ,
    Owners hand book recommend 51 cetin grade of diesel fuel , other than that we don’t recommend any other fuel
    If you require any further assistance ,do let us know , we will be happy to help you .

With warm regards,
    Customer Care.
    1800 209 5556 │*service.india@fcagroup.com
    Roadside assistance RSA 18002093428
    www.fiat-india.com

[​IMG]
    Fiat Chrysler India
    ======================================
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think any diesel in India crosses 51 cetane level. Even premium diesel normally have ~50 max cetane content.
  3. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Tried to enquire in SHELL Outlet. Those guys were clueless about Cetane. "You mean Octane" was their question back to me :)
    I wrote a mail to SHELL. Below is the response I got from SHELL for my query about SHELL Diesel Cetane level in India.
    - CM

===============================================
    GENERALPUBLICENQUIRIES-IN@SHELL.COM

Dear Customer,
    All our products comply with Euro 4 norms. EURO 4 specification for Cetane number is 51. Hence Cetane number of our diesel fuel will be equal to or more than 51 only.

Regards, Valli C O
    ===============================================
    Ravi and nkrishnap like this.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @King CM I have a batchmate from my college working with Shell lubricants division. Let me try and ask him the details. If I get something I will post.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Now , we will have to ask the OMCs as to what the cetane no of their diesel is. If we get that info, then the confusion can be cleared. If it is same, then it is the additives or the non adulteration that make the difference in smoothness. Lets wait to hear from them.

Abdul
  6. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    @jumu perfect
    After all its about life of 1.3 mjd
    Some time over smartness damage our vehicle
  7. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Friends,
    Shell diesel is without any additive,
    No issue about any damage in injectors

Main thing is purity is better then local dealer's fuel pump
    dadasaheb likes this.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    so that's the good thing atleast smoke will get minimized from the exaust ;)
  9. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Did anyone notice a dip in FE after switching to shell? Or is it like someone said 'MJD does not like frequent fuel changes'?
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Yeah I always found a drop in FE. Wasnt feeling comfortable compared to the expectation. So quit using Shell. Nothing great to chase it I felt.:)

Abdul