1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have been using Shell Engine Oils in both cars in family for quite some time now. The rare instance when I filled Shell fuel, it performed well. The coarseness as mentioned in some posts isn't particularly evident. However, pickup improved for sure. Atleast the old 1.7D shows significant improvement over the MJD when using better fuels and oils.
  2. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    shell is best for low carbon, if it is true then its good for our car
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This time filled shell normal diesel, and this is second time I felt my MJD likes shell more than Indian Oil, less smoke, smoother engine. Cost is also similar to PDU bunks.
  4. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    ravi its less carbon fuel
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    How do you say it is less carbon fuel.? Do our OMC refineries do some special refining for Shell and not for others? Only sulfur content is less nd it is same for all OMCs. This has been crought about by the tightening euro emission norms. Shell diesel can be a less carbon deposit forming fuel due to the presence of additives which make the fuel burn better.

Abdul
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Or maybe there is less Naphtha and Kerosene adulteration; they indeed must be using real additives.. ;) :D
  7. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    @jumu
    ask shell people to show diesel in glass
    its look very clear then other diesel
  8. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    I hope we might get response from Fiat India. Current response from them below :
    - CM

" Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your communication, with regards to your query, we have forwarded same to concern department.

Will revert back to you shortly

With warm regards,
    Customer Care."
    Dilip patel and himanshu4886 like this.
  9. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    King,
    Any update on this?
    I did use Shell for two full tanks and found the engine to be free revving and felt that the strain on the engine post 100 kmph reduced, which resulted in speeds going easily to 120.
    As posted above, there are mixed reactions.
    Raj_pol likes this.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Prash1407 Same here. I completed my first servicing recently and had a tankful of Shell filled in. I feel the difference in the car and I think it is a combination of the engine opening up and the good quality of the fuel. Felt the same many years back with my Pulsar 150 cc bike. Definitely there was an increase in mileage and the smoothness back then.