1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

subhash, personally, I feel the only thing to take care is to find a trustworthy pump - it does not matter if it is IOC/HP/BP, as long as you know the pump is trustworthy.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    As we have deregulation in the corner more private players will come and we can chose from Reliance or Essar to fill the diesel with good quality and quantity (if they are not with additives) IMO.;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Reliance and Essar are not angels or saints. Quality will be the last word with them.

Abdul
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Not sure if it is with all Essar pumps, but the Essar pump at my native is very good - no cheating and gives excellent quality and quantity.
    jumu likes this.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Tried BP for a tank, got FE 13.88 (tank full method) switching back to shell

I enquired about the cetane of Shell diesel it is 73 cetane. Any one can confirm is this good for MJD.

Don't know about hp and bp cetane number.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I filled Diesel on weekend from Shell, cost 65.80 per lt. It was some Euro 3B.

It is certainly better than what I am getting from IOC, less smoke, smoother engine. Driven just ~25Kms, so will wait for few more to decide if I continue from shell.
    punto_emotion likes this.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Many say it has additives added to the to he diesel and it is not good for the multijet engine to have diesel with additives, how true is it?
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes, Fiat has been specific when it comes to fuel being used for their cars. For Diesel, they always recommend to use normal diesel confirming to Cetane no 51 and avoid using premium diesel with additives (unless you are out of warranty).

I had spoken to a Fiat official regarding the usage of System D for the diesel Punto's and they flatly refused for any permissions.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    But the question remains the same that which brand's fuel?
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have a new EVO. I filled from both HP and Shell. Did not notice much of a difference. I think I will stick with HP (regular fuel).