1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    So I must stick to hpcl then. But I am not satisfied as have read on forum regarding positive of shell
  2. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Try IOC for couple of full tank... I feel you may like it. As long as petrol concern Shell is best but diesel they really sucks. No Advantage
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Slightly Off topic:

I have used petrol for my Civic from a Shell outlet for more than a year, I used their premium petrol and regular and stuck to regular because there was no difference in performance in both. There was a marginal difference though between the Shell petrol and HPCL petrol in terms of engine respone and smoothness but the service was impeccable there and that was a strong reason why I used to tank up there.
  4. rajks

rajks Amatore

99% of the time I use Shell Diesel when filling in Bangalore, when I visit my native I either fill it from COCO Bharat Pet or from a trusted IOC.

Though I haven't seen significant difference across fuels from these three vendors it is for the peach of mind I chose Shell as I couldn't locate a trustworthy regular bunks near my place of stay in Blr, but I wasn't aware of the fact that Shell mixes additives (just read from them that it is used for improving the economy), however I couldn't get the % of diesel in their formula!! Need to rethink about Shell for the next fill!
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Last week i went for full tank in Shell and covered around 700 odd kms there is no difference found in mileage or drive quality. So i am going for back to trusted IOC coco BTM layout bangalore bunk,can save at least 3 rs per litre.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

I too filled shell diesel recently, but did not feel any difference. One plus point is, Shell pumps do not tamper with fuel - quality wise and quantity wise, so you can be assured that you will really get fuel for the amount you pay.
    But yes, diesel with additives are not recommended for new generation diesels and I do not plan to continue filling shell - may be I will fill it once in a while.

IS this the Pump after Adwaith, on the left side of the road, while traveling from Silkboard to Jayadeva? If it is the same, then I am also a regular customer there and I am happy with the fuel from that pump.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Me too :). I am using it from start and 95% time filling here.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Shell current diesel price is at 66.05 for the Euro IV and the special price centers are still at 64.45. Time to switch over to Shell with the rumours of a diesel price cut due to softening crude prices.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Yes anoop you are correct same bunk
    In shell I think the advantage is correct quantity and quality but as everyone here saying about additives I am worried about mjd issues in long time running any expert here can clarify this
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    anoop and himanshu4886 like this.
  10. subhashmv

subhashmv Timido

Thank you,
    After reading all replies, I decided to to continue with PSU diesel..

IOC / HP / BP has different octane number?
    I have been using HP when filling from Bangalore, and IOC from hometown, Kannur