1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Shell Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by subhashmv, Sep 9, 2014.

1. subhashmv

subhashmv Timido

India
    Hello Everyone,

Any one tried Diesel from Shell?
    Any difference in performance, mileage, etc?

Thx,
    Subhash
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I am currently using Shell diesel and I find it no different to the state oil companies fuel. Initially I found the engine a bit on the rough side. I still get the same mileage or marginally better, but nothing to write about. Other times I felt the PSU diesel in conjunction with System D was much better and I am going back to it.

Abdul
  3. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Got tank full from Shell twice, didn't find much difference. May be seniors could help.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got tank full from Shell this time, didn't find any difference at all(FE nor NVH),, Only feel confident about the quality.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    What is the difference between both diesel. Why shell is known with the better quality. Just as it is 3 Rs costlier then other
  6. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IOC is supplying diesel to SHELL in india. The only difference between Shell and IOC diesel is that shell comes with additives. Now coming back to the MJD fiat recommends to use non additive diesels in india as the injectors and fuel supply system are tune for this. On a longer run additives are harming your injectors and fuel supply system, which will turn out to be the costlier affair.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Nothing great about quality. They pick up the fuel from the same refineries or stock yards. While the others may tamper a bit, these guys ensure it reaches just the way it was refined and also they add a little bit of additives. For the extra pricing, they are a multinational and they need to take home some money too after all the expenses and the levies paid to the indian govt.

Abdul
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    So is it harmful for MJD in India? Please explain
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I would say it it may be harmful to a less extent, probably better than the harm that bad PSU fuel adulterated with whatever they feel is used. We have no choice basically.As much as possible try to locate a good pump in your locality. One sure way of identifying it will be to see where the autorickshaws flock to. They keep monitoring the mileage and tend to shun the bad apples with word of mouth among their community.

Abdul
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not sure It is harmful or not. But In general you will find shell bunk at very few places. MJD does not like frequent change in the qualities. Even one of my neighbourhood uncle suggesting me that MJD really does not like additives in fuels. He has driven few MJD's in his life. Personally I tried HP, Bharat, Shell and IOC. My feeling with IOC MJD is more happy with revv as IOC has higher octane then any other brand in india. I always prefer COCO over other outlet and when on long drive will settle for a nay IOC pump.